Senior-Big Data Software Engineer
New York, New York
Analyze data sets of millions of customers - and uncover groundbreaking solutions that have a global impact.
"You get to work on multi-million dollar projects from day one using the latest technology, and there are many training opportunities if you want to learn something new."Sang Han — Senior Data Scientist
Connect communities with the power of technology.
AT&T’s Chief Data Office (CDO) is looking to fill the role of Senior Big Data Software Engineer in the NY/NJ area with expertise in data applications. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in full stack development, and be proficient in Python, Flask, FastAPI, React, and databases in a cloud native environment. The candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining web applications with a focus on data-driven functionality.
About the job:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including designers, product managers, and data analysts to develop new features and applications.
- Design and develop robust, scalable, and efficient web applications using Python, Flask, FastAPI, and React in an Azure cloud environment.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code that follows industry best practices and standards.
- Optimize database queries and data models for performance and scalability.
- Develop RESTful APIs and integrate with third-party APIs.
- Develop and maintain unit tests and automated tests to ensure code quality and reliability.
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to other team members.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest development trends and technologies.
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Math or Scientific Computing preferred.
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in full stack development.
- Proficiency in Python, Flask, FastAPI, React, and databases (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB).
- Strong understanding of web development principles such as RESTful APIs, MVC, and object-oriented programming.
- Experience with data visualization tools and libraries such as D3.js, Plotly, and Bokeh.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- This position requires Office presence at the listed location(s)
- Experience with cloud services such as Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with containerization tools such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with big data processing frameworks such as Apache Spark.
- Familiarity with machine learning and data science tools like Scikit-learn and MLflow.
Our Sr. Big Data Software Engineers earn between $143,800 - $215,800 not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
A career with us, a global leader in communications and technology, comes with big rewards. As part of our team, you’ll lead transformation surrounded by trailblazing industry leaders like you. You’ll be empowered to go above and beyond – making a difference through company-sponsored initiatives or connecting and networking through one of our many employee groups. And regardless of where you’re at in your career trajectory, you’ll be rewarded by the impact that comes with making a difference in the lives of millions. With AT&T, you’ll be a part of something greater, do incredible things and be rewarded with a chance to change the world.
Once you are part of our team, you’ll have an amazing compensation and benefits package, including bonuses, medical/dental/vision coverage, matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, discounted wireless and internet plans, and more!
Ready for your #LifeAtATT? Apply today!
Job ID 2312871 Date posted 04/19/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.