Performance Test Lead
Join us to create a new era of connectivity.
"AT&T allows me to work on projects that will be seen by millions of customers."Megan T. — Sr. Specialist, Software Engineer
"I find it incredibly rewarding to be out and see customers enjoying a product I spent my time perfecting."
Connect communities with the power of technology.
About the Company:
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Our groundbreaking digital solutions provide intuitive and integrated experiences for millions of customers across online, retail and care channels. Join our mission to deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to customers around the world as we continue to evolve as a technology-powered, human-centered organization. As part of our team, you’ll transform the way we deliver a seamless customer experience with digital at the center of all you do. In our world, digital is much larger than just an eCommerce channel, we are transforming all channels to digitally perform as one team to create a better customer experience. As we go to 2023, the digital transformation will revolutionize the digital space and you can build a career that will propel your future.
About the Job:
As a Performance Test Architect who is passionate about seeing customer succeeded and ensuring best-in-class product quality. The objective of the role is End-to-End ownership of Performance testing of the product and be the custodian of product quality. With the Digital Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to join a fast-growing team that is embarking on a multi-year implementation as part of an on-going digital modernization effort.
As the project team ramps up, you will have the chance to help define and shape the vision of how the solution will be maintained and monitored to meet the business’ needs.
Experience Level: 8 – 12 years
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Need to drive a project and assume ownership of Performance team deliverables.
- Monitor existing processes and continue to improve/streamline them to improve team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Create Roadmap & Performance Test Plan
- Design Test strategy and planning for proper application test coverage and to meet performance test objectives, prioritization, and distribution of tasks
- Reporting and escalating issues related to application or commitment risks to stakeholders
- Identify/Propose Framework & tools for Performance
- Able to articulate, flag and communicate risk to the business.
- Jenkins and Pipeline setup for performance testing along with DevOps team
- Performing Workload Characterization and defining the workload mix and targets from analytics
- Estimation to driving the definition of the test cases supporting the testing of NFRs.
- Lead the analysis of the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Lead the meetings with NFR Lead and Ability to drive any kind of discussion on technical topics.
- Detailed Performance and final summary report
- Train and coach other performance tests
Primary / Mandatory skills:
Overall – 8 to 12 years’ experience in Performance Testing & Engineering in Load Runner & JMeter.
- Good hands-on experience on Performance testing tools (JMeter, Load Runner and SOASTA Load)
- Expert in Analysis tools like (App Dynamics, Dynatrace, Graphana and Splunk)
- Should have strong knowledge in system architecture model and performance improvement methods.
- Effective leadership skills to lead a team of at least 4+ resources
- Experience and knowledge with Cloud Infrastructure – particularly AWS, Azure
- Good knowledge and troubleshooting skills using profiling tools.
- Experience on product testing in Agile environment; should know the various stages of product release
- Experience using various tools and technologies such as JIRA, Confluence, GitHub.
- Depth knowledge in software and hardware optimization.
- Good understanding of dBase technologies
- Knowledge UNIX/Linux Operating System
- Good to have Telecom and CRM UI, Middleware and Message Bus Domain Exposure
- Hands-on knowledge on Load runner/ JMeter integration with git-hub and CI/CD pipeline.
Additional information (if any): Willing to work in Shift Duties, Willingness to learn is very important as AT&T offers excellent environment to learn Digital Transformation skills such as cloud etc.
Job ID 2311686I Date posted 03/31/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.
Do the right thing, no compromise.
Innovate and get there first.
In everything, every time.
Make a Difference
Impact your world.
Stand for Equality
Speak with your actions.
When customers & colleagues need you most.