Systems Administrator (Government)
Panama City, Florida
Pursue a career and your calling.
"The similarities between military and AT&T culture are centered around morals..."Chris S. — EVP, Technology Operations
"There are a lot of veterans here and it is a very supportive and positive environment just like the military. There is also a strong emphasis on ethics here similar to the military."
Help give our nation powerful possibilities.
What you can do in Government Solutions
Find out how you can keep our nation safe.
See how AT&T is connecting the United States government.
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing, and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values, and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our Defense Team supports our Nation’s warfighters, providing, operating, and assuring critical voice, video, and collaboration services for the full spectrum of military operations.
AT&T has an opening for a System Administratorto support the National Security Public Sector.
The job duties of the System Administrator are as follows:
- Manage accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment according to standards, business rules, and needs.
- Implements server and special mission system security fixes, operating system patches, and antivirus software.
- Processes and reviews C4 systems requirement documentation, telecommunication service requests, status of acquisition messages, and telecommunication service orders.
- Performs user accounts management and standardizes systems settings using automated deployment tools. Manages physical, virtual, and cloud-based server/client hardware.
- Ensures continuing systems operability by providing ongoing optimization and problem solving support.
- Applies computer security policies to safeguard systems and information.
- Categorizes, isolates, and resolves system problems. Performs fault recovery by validating, isolating, correcting faults, and verifying service restoral with customers.
- Processes, documents, and coordinates resolution of trouble calls from lower support echelons.
- Processes scheduled and authorized outages. Submits outage reports in response to unscheduled outages.
- Utilizes enterprise patching tools to implement security updates and patches to include Information Assurance Vulnerability Assessments, C4 Notice to Airman, Time Compliance Network Orders, Time Compliance Technical Order, operating system patches, and antivirus software updates.
- Implements and enforces national, DoD, and Air Force security policies and directives. Performs proactive security functions to deter, detect, isolate, contain, and recover from information system and network security intrusions.
- Performs system sanitation resulting from classified message incidents and classified file incidents.
- Analyzes risks and/or vulnerabilities and takes corrective action to mitigate or remove them.
- Reviews and implements C4 systems requirements. Performs strategic and budget planning for systems hardware and software.
- Document and submit monthly status reports, as well as customer-facing knowledge transfer documentation and technical write-ups.
- IAT (Level III) certified as defined by DoD 8570.01-M.
5-7 years of experience or equivalent combination of training; certifications; work and/or military experience.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, a related field or equivalent experience; or equivalent combination of training; certifications; work and/or military experience.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Our System Administrator’s earn between $50,500 - $95,000. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Job ID 2313573 Date posted 04/18/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.
Do the right thing, no compromise.
Innovate and get there first.
In everything, every time.
Make a Difference
Impact your world.
Stand for Equality
Speak with your actions.
When customers & colleagues need you most.