Technical Writer/Editor ITIAIMCM II (Government)
Pursue a career and your calling.
"The similarities between military and AT&T culture are centered around morals..."Chris S. — EVP, Technology Operations
"There are a lot of veterans here and it is a very supportive and positive environment just like the military. There is also a strong emphasis on ethics here similar to the military."
Help give our nation powerful possibilities.
What you can do in Government Solutions
Find out how you can keep our nation safe.
See how AT&T is connecting the United States government.
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP-enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community by providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Technical Writer/Editor to support the National Security Sector.
The job duties of the Technical Writer/Editor are as follows:
- The candidate will be responsible for supporting documentation on the network engineering and network management products and services that AT&T manages for a government customer.
- In this role, the candidate will maintain technical documentation databases, spreadsheets, technical drawings, and edit and write technical documents using Microsoft Office or other applications. Candidate will coordinate inputs, edit inputs, and publish the organization’s weekly activity report.
- The TW/E will demonstrate a leadership role in all documentation related to the network projects and service and will communicate with the network architectural and operations organizations.
- Edit and assist development of knowledge articles supporting network operations and efficiency.
- Manage knowledge articles and job aids to ensure relevancy and accessibility.
- Work with subject-matter experts to verify accuracy of knowledge articles and other technical documents.
- Assist with the creation and management of organizational briefs, websites, and shared spaces.
- Develop job aids by researching, shadowing, and interviewing technical staff.
- Analyze data and reports to nominate topics for knowledge articles.
- Create new documentation or update existing documentation to accurately reflect changes in a product, services, or process.
- Work and adhere to our security policies, procedures, and orders.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph. (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Experienced user of Microsoft suite of products is a must for this position. Candidate must have good interpersonal communication skills (in-person, phone, etc.) and good written communication skills (email, briefings, etc.) Education: Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of experience.
- Organizational Communications – Must have knowledge of and the ability to use the means, tools and techniques and media to communicate organizational information.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Our Technical Writer/Editor ITIAIMCM II earns between $57,900 - $140,000 yearly. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected · Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Job ID 2311357 Date posted 03/31/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.
Do the right thing, no compromise.
Innovate and get there first.
In everything, every time.
Make a Difference
Impact your world.
Stand for Equality
Speak with your actions.
When customers & colleagues need you most.