Lead Benefits Consultant
Join us in our pursuit to transform lives through connectivity.
"We care about our customers & our employees, our business & our communities future."Julia — Corporate Support - M&P Manager
"We have an opportunity to make an impact at all levels & have fun doing it."
Help drive connection across our business.
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Innovation powers all that we do, and our groundbreaking solutions deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to millions of customers worldwide. As part of our team, your next big idea could be our newest innovation. Here’s your opportunity to combine your passions for entertainment, media and technology to transform our company and your career.
Overall Purpose: Responsible for aligning benefit plans to corporate and business unit strategies and maximizing the value received for plan expenditures. Responsible for analyzing and ensuring plan design supports business strategy and providing effective consulting support to their respective business units.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Performs cost/benefit analysis of various benefit design alternatives. Develops issue papers, proposals, and other recommendations. Conducts benefits strategic planning activities in selecting and managing external consultants to ensure that plans within their area of expertise comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Analyzes and develops policies and benefit plans covering accident and health insurance coverage, retirement and pension plans, income continuance. Analyzes equity of current benefits compared to trends and legislated requirements. Acts as the Subject Matter Expert (SME). Responsible for the efficient and effective administration and delivery of health, retirement, welfare or other benefit policies and plans to employees, retirees and their beneficiaries. Selects and manages vendors where outsourcing provides a cost and/or service advantage. Vendor management includes performance negotiations and contract provisions, operations and service delivery issues, and continuous improvement program provisions. Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence well at the Executive level of the Company.
Additional Key Responsibilities:
- Performs and interprets financial analysis of benefit plan trends and monitors plan performance with internal and external parties.
- Develops and analyzes detailed data/assumptions from various resources so as to help evaluate trends. Develops and prices strategic proposals, and recommends program or process changes.
- Develop and analyze detailed data or assumptions from various resources to help evaluate trends, develop and price strategic proposals.
- May perform qualified retirement plan PBO, OPEB liability and expense analysis.
- Knowledge of ACA, FASB, and other legal or regulatory requirements is desired.
- Reads and interprets benefit plans and insurance policy documents, collective bargaining contracts and documentation, and vendor contracts.
- Manages assigned projects and engages internal and external resources as required including Labor, Legal, Finance, outside actuaries and consultants.
- Ability to deal with ambiguous and complex problems and business situations.
- Provide some training or mentoring to less experienced staff, and may provide feedback for the evaluation of new staff.
Experience: Typically Bachelors of Arts degree and Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Typically 5 - 7 years of supervisory or professional experience.
Our Lead Benefit Consultants earn between $94,300 - $158,400. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Ready to join the #LifeAtATT? Apply today!
Job ID 2311685 Date posted 04/18/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.