Engineering (CAN/LAN) Transition Support NE2 (Government)
Pursue a career and your calling.
"The similarities between military and AT&T culture are centered around morals..."Chris S. — EVP, Technology Operations
"There are a lot of veterans here and it is a very supportive and positive environment just like the military. There is also a strong emphasis on ethics here similar to the military."
Help give our nation powerful possibilities.
What you can do in Government Solutions
Find out how you can keep our nation safe.
See how AT&T is connecting the United States government.
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP-enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community by providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for CAN/LAN Transition Support Engineer to support the NRO’s Intranet and Internet network and other data communications systems or a segment of a network system, in providing network hardware and software installation and integration; Coordination with network control centers; providing support to projects that involve networks; Evaluating new network technologies and making recommendations to project managers regarding the integration of these technologies into the operational network baseline.
The job duties of the Engineering (CAN/LAN) Transition Support are as follows:
- Work on an integration team in support of a large intelligence community (IC) partner network engineering group.
- Provide support in matters related to communications security (COMSEC) equipment to include loading/configuring KG-340s, KG-175D/F/G/Xs and KG-142s.
- Provide support in matters related to Cisco and Juniper equipment and associated management systems.
- Upgrade router and switch firmware and software in accordance with customer baseline and security standards.
- Create and maintain procedures for updating network device firmware and configurations.
- Follow established procedures for applying device configurations to maintain a network standard.
- Conduct detailed site surveys in support of network equipment installations and migrations.
- Maintain eligibility to deploy to world-wide sites for network equipment installations.
- Review configurations provided by Tier III engineers to verify functionality. Provide feedback to engineers.
- Coordinate consumables/bench stock procurement with team members, regional maintenance detachments and the procurement group.
- Coordinate logistics and in briefing/out briefings with local site management and security personnel.
- Document all physical connections utilizing established standard cable plan designs.
- Coordinate equipment installations and work closely with regional maintenance detachments.
- Assist Tier II and Tier III engineers during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities.
- Function as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the network systems and devices in support of the Integration team as well as government officials.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Travel Required 20% to 30%.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph. (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have 10 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 0 years of experience OR Masters and 4 years, Bachelors and 6 years, Associates and 12 years or HS and 10 years. Candidate must have 7 years of relevant boundary protection experience delivering fault tolerant data network infrastructure solutions and incident response.
- Must comply with DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 2.
- In order to be considered for this position, you must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
- Basic knowledge of IT infrastructure (network connectivity, switches, routers) is a plus.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Experience creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation, develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Our Engineering (CAN/LAN) Transition Support (NE2) earns between $79,300 - $140,000 yearly. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected · Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Job ID 2311323 Date posted 03/31/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.
Do the right thing, no compromise.
Innovate and get there first.
In everything, every time.
Make a Difference
Impact your world.
Stand for Equality
Speak with your actions.
When customers & colleagues need you most.