Senior Network Design and Development Engineer
Middletown, New Jersey
Join us to create a new era of connectivity.
"AT&T allows me to work on projects that will be seen by millions of customers."Megan T. — Sr. Specialist, Software Engineer
"I find it incredibly rewarding to be out and see customers enjoying a product I spent my time perfecting."
Connect communities with the power of technology.
AT&T’s network infrastructure is the technological foundation for an extraordinary portfolio of mobile, and high-speed network services that bridge the Internet, Business and Entertainment worlds. Be part of a radical technological transformation of AT&T’s vast network & services.
The Network Infrastructure & Services group is looking for a network software engineer to support the next generation of Control Plane Applications (IPAM, DNS/DoH/DoT, DHCP, Radius, NTP), Cloud Automation (orchestration) in private or hybrid clouds and Intelligent Network Data Analytics.
Looking for self-motivated Individuals capable of solving complex problems at a big scale using independent analysis yet capable of collaborating with other domain experts.
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
- Ideate, spec and present, new or improved high, and low-level architecture and designs for network-based capabilities or implementations.
- Interface with Operations, Planning, Product and Data teams to understand and refine requirements and translate them to detailed software and network requirements
- Oversee, organize, and lead software development for production systems.
- Provide or contribute to design documents.
- Participate or lead project meetings to report on progress, uncover/resolve issues, and ensure that the work product meets the needs of the service.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Informational Technology, Data Communications from an accredited university.
- PhD in an approved field or Masters in an approved field with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience or a Bachelors in an approved field with a minimum of 4 of relevant experience.
- Experience with Cloud technologies and platforms, (e.g, KVM, Containers, Docker, Azure)
- Efficient use of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns. Knowledge of test-driven development, thread safe programing, best practices/tools for development
- Experience of Network protocols and technologies: IPAM, DNS, DoH, DoT, DHCP, Radius, Routing (BGP, OSPF), SNMP at the protocol and implementation level.
- Frameworks such as ReactJS, bootstrap, node.js, Django.
- Linux-based OSes (e.g., Ubuntu, Rocky Linux, Red Hat)
- Relational database fundamentals, E-R diagrams, transactions, triggers, and stored procedures
- Write and support complex SQL using multiple JOINs, aggregation and windowing functions and work with different flavors of SQL and Database connectors.
- Experience with big data platforms and analytics tooling (Databricks, PowerBI, Snowflake) and Data Science principles
- Defining and developing APIs for service, provisioning and reporting
- System design and plan implementation through multiple iterations from concept to production.
- Ability to incorporate industry knowledge and customer needs into product roadmaps
Our Senior Member Technical Staffs earn between $171,600-$257,400. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
• Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
• 401(k) plan
• Tuition reimbursement program
• Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
• Paid Parental Leave
• Paid Caregiver Leave
• Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected
• Adoption Reimbursement
• Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
• Life and Accidental Death Insurance
• Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
• Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
• Extensive employee wellness programs
• Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Job ID 2311548 Date posted 04/05/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.