Entry-Level Network Engineer
Middletown, New Jersey
Join us to create a new era of connectivity.
"AT&T allows me to work on projects that will be seen by millions of customers."Megan T. — Sr. Specialist, Software Engineer
"I find it incredibly rewarding to be out and see customers enjoying a product I spent my time perfecting."
Connect communities with the power of technology.
Join AT&T and reimagine the communications and technologies that connect the world. We’re committed to those who seek to discover the undiscoverable and dare to disrupt the norm. Bring your bold ideas and fearless risk-taking to redefine connectivity and transform how the world shares stories and experiences that matter. When you step into a career with AT&T, you won’t just imagine the future – you’ll create it.
AT&T’s network infrastructure is the technological foundation for an extraordinary portfolio of mobile, and high-speed network services that bridge the Internet, Business and Entertainment worlds. Be part of a radical technological transformation of AT&T’s vast network & services.
The Network Infrastructure & Services group is looking for a network software engineer to support the next generation of Control Plane Applications (IPAM, DNS/DoH/DoT, DHCP, Radius, NTP), Cloud Automation (orchestration) in private or hybrid clouds and Intelligent Network Data Analytics.
Looking for self-motivated Individuals capable of solving complex problems at a big scale using independent analysis yet capable of collaborating with other domain experts.
The successful candidate’s key tasks and deliverables include:
- Ideate, spec and present, new or improved high, and low-level architecture and designs for network-based capabilities or implementations.
- Interface with Operations, Planning, Product and Data teams to understand and refine requirements and translate them to detailed software and network requirements
- Oversee, organize, and lead software development for production systems.
- Provide or contribute to design documents.
- Participate or lead project meetings to report on progress, uncover/resolve issues, and ensure that the work product meets the needs of the service.
PhD in an approved field or Masters in an approved field with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience or a Bachelors in an approved field with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
Desired Skills and qualifications:
- Experience with Cloud technologies and platforms, (e.g, KVM, Containers, Docker, Azure)
- Use of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns. Knowledge of test-driven development, thread safe programing, best practices/tools for development
- Familiar with Network protocols and technologies: IPAM, DNS, DoH, DoT, DHCP, Radius, Routing (BGP, OSPF), SNMP at the protocol and implementation level.
- Frameworks such as ReactJS, bootstrap, node.js, Django.
- Linux-based OSes (e.g., Ubuntu, Rocky Linux, Red Hat)
- Relational database fundamentals, E-R diagrams, transactions, triggers, and stored procedures
- Ability to write and support SQL using multiple JOINs, aggregation and windowing functions and work with different flavors of SQL and Database connectors.
- Knowledge or experience with big data platforms and analytics tooling (Databricks, PowerBI, Snowflake) and data science principles (data modeling, scrubbing, AI learning models, clustering)
- Able to define and developing APIs for service, provisioning and reporting
- Ability to do system design and plan implementation through multiple iterations from concept to production.
- Incorporate industry knowledge and customer needs into product roadmaps
- Ability to write code or scripts to analyze data or create prototypes
Our Senior Member of Technical Staffs s earn between $119,100-$238,300. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
• Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
• 401(k) plan
• Tuition reimbursement program
• Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
• Paid Parental Leave
• Paid Caregiver Leave
• Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected
• Adoption Reimbursement
• Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
• Life and Accidental Death Insurance
• Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
• Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
• Extensive employee wellness programs
• Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
A career with us, a global leader in communications and technology, comes with big rewards. As part of our team, you’ll lead transformation surrounded by trailblazing industry leaders like you. You’ll be empowered to go above and beyond – making a difference through company-sponsored initiatives or connecting and networking through one of our many employee groups. And regardless of where you’re at in your career trajectory, you’ll be rewarded by the impact that comes with making a difference in the lives of millions. With AT&T, you’ll be a part of something greater, do incredible things and be rewarded with a chance to change the world.
Ready to join the #LifeAtATT? Apply today!
Job ID 2311550 Date posted 03/31/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.