Principal Member of Technical Staff- RAN Technology
Middletown, New Jersey
Join us to create a new era of connectivity.
"AT&T allows me to work on projects that will be seen by millions of customers."Megan T. — Sr. Specialist, Software Engineer
"I find it incredibly rewarding to be out and see customers enjoying a product I spent my time perfecting."
Connect communities with the power of technology.
Join AT&T and reimagine the communications and technologies that connect the world. We’re committed to those who seek to discover the undiscoverable and dare to disrupt the norm. Bring your bold ideas and fearless risk-taking to redefine connectivity and transform how the world shares stories and experiences that matter. When you step into a career with AT&T, you won’t just imagine the future – you’ll create it.
This Principal Member of Technical Staff role is within the RAN technology organization and critical in helping identify opportunities for improvement in deployment speed and reliability and absorb the complexity of Cloud RAN infrastructure. In addition, this role will collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate Cloud RAN/vRAN architecture solutions with other systems and technologies, including hardware and CaaS providers, and integrate with AT&T's Network Management Analytics / Automation Platform (NM&A). Lastly, this role will design and develop Cloud RAN/vRAN architecture solutions to meet AT&T's business requirements, including identifying hardware, CaaS, and Software requirements.
- Develop, implement, and optimize Cloud RAN solutions, incorporating vRAN and cloud-native technologies.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and deploy zero-touch provisioning systems.
- Leverage deep knowledge of RAN protocols and operational expertise to drive performance improvements and cost reductions.
- Maintain and enhance Linux Red Hat systems to support the organization's growing infrastructure needs.
- Stay current on industry trends and emerging technologies related to Cloud RAN, Open RAN, and related fields
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring, and guidance to junior team members.
- Collaborate effectively with stakeholders to identify and address business requirements and deliver innovative solutions.
PhD in an approved field with 4 years of relevant experience or Masters in an approved field with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience or a Bachelors in an approved field with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Cloud RAN, vRAn and cloud native technologies
- 10+ years of RAN experience and deep knowledge of RAN protocols
- Experience with Linux Red Hat systems
- Familiar with emerging technologies pertaining to Cloud RAN and Open RAN
- Ability to work cross functionally and lead/mentor other team members
Our Principal Member Technical Staffs earn between $144,000-$289,000. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
• Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
• 401(k) plan
• Tuition reimbursement program
• Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
• Paid Parental Leave
• Paid Caregiver Leave
• Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected
• Adoption Reimbursement
• Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
• Life and Accidental Death Insurance
• Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
• Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
• Extensive employee wellness programs
• Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
A career with us, a global leader in communications and technology, comes with big rewards. As part of our team, you’ll lead transformation surrounded by trailblazing industry leaders like you. You’ll be empowered to go above and beyond – making a difference through company-sponsored initiatives or connecting and networking through one of our many employee groups. And regardless of where you’re at in your career trajectory, you’ll be rewarded by the impact that comes with making a difference in the lives of millions. With AT&T, you’ll be a part of something greater, do incredible things and be rewarded with a chance to change the world.
Ready to join the #LifeAtATT? Apply today!
Job ID 2315056 Date posted 05/02/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.