Professional-System Engineer (ServiceNow)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Join us to create a new era of connectivity.
"AT&T allows me to work on projects that will be seen by millions of customers."Megan T. — Sr. Specialist, Software Engineer
"I find it incredibly rewarding to be out and see customers enjoying a product I spent my time perfecting."
Connect communities with the power of technology.
Join AT&T and reimagine the communications and technologies that connect the world. We’re committed to those who seek to discover the undiscoverable and dare to disrupt the norm. Bring your bold ideas and fearless risk-taking to redefine connectivity and transform how the world shares stories and experiences that matter. When you step into a career with AT&T, you won’t just imagine the future – you’ll create it.
As a Professional System Engineer, you’ll be responsible for translating business needs into technical solutions and defining solutions to problems through reasoned application of information technology.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the stability and usability of the ServiceNow platform across production and non- production environments
- Perform application maintenance to include performance monitoring and error identification and remediation
- Manage support for incidents
- Manage ServiceNow upgrade planning and execution
- Manage ServiceNow instance security: user/group access, administration, access control lists
- Initiate health scans and tracks the remediation of findings
- Manage security of the Now Platform
- Ensure ServiceNow instances are secure and hardened as needed (domain separation, Edge Encryption, etc.)
- Create and enforce security standards throughout the ServiceNow platform
- Provide ServiceNow configuration assistance to developers
- Create and maintain best practice Knowledge Base articles
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Fundamental understanding of ServiceNow platform capabilities:
- Experience implementing best-practices and procedures
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow components such as Change Management, Service Catalog, Problem Management, Incident Management, CMDB, Asset Management, Knowledge Management, etc.
- Ability to provide ServiceNow customization and configuration including but not limited to: scripting, workflow administration, report setup, module customization, data imports and third-party software integration.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
- Certified ServiceNow Developer
- Experience integrating API services with scripts/code to create customer facing solutions.
- System integration experience using web services and other web-based technologies such as XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, REST/SOAP
Our Senior Software Engineers earn between $116,700 – $196,100 annually. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
· Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
· 401(k) plan
· Tuition reimbursement program
· Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
· Paid Parental Leave
· Paid Caregiver Leave
· Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected
· Adoption Reimbursement
· Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
· Life and Accidental Death Insurance
· Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
· Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
· Extensive employee wellness programs
· Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
A career with us, a global leader in communications and technology, comes with big rewards. As part of our team, you’ll lead transformation surrounded by trailblazing industry leaders like you. You’ll be empowered to go above and beyond – making a difference through company-sponsored initiatives or connecting and networking through one of our many employee groups. And regardless of where you’re at in your career trajectory, you’ll be rewarded by the impact that comes with making a difference in the lives of millions. With AT&T, you’ll be a part of something greater, do incredible things and be rewarded with a chance to change the world.
Job ID 2314304-2 Date posted 05/02/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.