Kansas City, Missouri
We need you to build the future of our network.
Use your expert knowledge to install Wi-Fi and voice services while working inside and outside our customers' homes.
Ditch the office and take your career on the road.
Life as a
What's this job really like? See what's on the road in a technician career.Watch Video
Connect customers in your community to the latest tech and services in opportunities that are as wide as the open road.
- Tech savvy
- An effective communicator
- Personable with excellent customer service skills
- Able to demonstrate strong problem-solving skills
You're Ready To
Technician Open Recruiting Session
14250 E. 32nd Street
Independence, MO 64055
Wednesday, April 19th, 2023
10:00am – 4:00pm
This is your chance to make your mark. Introducing our customers to the world’s most robust network all while delivering best-in-class service. You’re the key to elevating the customer experience, providing seamless installation and activation of our state-of-the-art technology. And you’ll get the satisfaction of helping others and connecting our customers to what matters most to them every day. #connectourcustomers
Our Installation Technicians earn between $12 - $27 an hour. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
$5,000.00 Cash Award Bonus and Payment Scheduled
The payment schedule will be as follows:
$1,000 upon successful completion of 90 days and completion of initial training.
$1,500 upon the obtainment of six (6) months service, provided the employee has no Code of Business Conduct (COBC) disciplinary actions.
$2,500 upon the obtainment of one (1) year service, provided the employee has no COBC disciplinary actions.
What’s a typical day like? You’ll work independently at our customer’s homes and businesses as a trusted expert, installing the latest technology for high-speed broadband, Wi-Fi, and voice services. You’ll have the opportunity to meet new people every day while solving problems and being rewarded for doing great work. Whether you’re putting in a new line, climbing a ladder or simply plugging in and activating a wifi network, one thing is true, no two days will be the same.
Want to be considered? You’ll need to:
- Work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Possess a valid state driver’s license
- Lift and move up-to 60 lbs – some of our ladders weigh 50-60 lbs
- Weigh less than 275 lbs., required for ladder safety
- At times work in small spaces or aloft (up to 28 ft.)
- Be available for overtime, emergency call outs and holiday work
- Identify wire and cable colors
- Qualify on pre-employment assessments
Interested? We provide extensive training and the resources you need in a collaborative and dynamic team environment, built for your success. You’ll have the opportunity to continue to learn and grow with ongoing paid training, leading you to exciting career paths.
If you are considering jobs like Maintenance Technician, Cable Installation Technician, Fiber Technician, Facility Technician or Telecommunications Technician, this career move would be a great fit!
Ready to take your career on the road to success? Apply today!
Job ID 2315758-2 Date posted 05/05/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
Here’s what to expect.
Stay updated on your status. Timing varies, so log in to see where we are.
Check your email regularly for any follow-ups.
You may have to pass an assessment before moving on to the next step.
If you don't pass on your first attempt, you'll be eligible to retake your assessments after 6 months.
Your interview may be online. Make sure you have a strong connection and dress professionally.
AT&T is a Modern Communications and Technology Company.
It’s our people and partners who make the difference.
Connecting you to Tech, Entertainment and Community Leaders.
Stories and News from the People at AT&T.