Professional Technology Business Analyst - Workday
San Ramon, California
Join us to create a new era of connectivity.
"AT&T allows me to work on projects that will be seen by millions of customers."Megan T. — Sr. Specialist, Software Engineer
"I find it incredibly rewarding to be out and see customers enjoying a product I spent my time perfecting."
Connect communities with the power of technology.
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Innovation powers all that we do, and our groundbreaking solutions deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to millions of customers worldwide. As part of our team, your next big idea could be our newest innovation. Here’s your opportunity to combine your passions for entertainment, media and technology to transform our company and your career.
Overall Purpose: This career step requires intermediate level experience. Responsible for managing the requirements/user stories process by acting as a liaison/Product Owner Delegate between business stakeholders and the delivery teams to align business needs with a technical architecture and end-solution.
This role is part of the HR Technology Organization and will perform system administration for the Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) Compensation Module. In addition to the key roles and responsibilities listed below, this role will facilitate support, maintenance, troubleshooting, configuration, testing and migration of solutions as it relates to the Workday HCM compensation module implementation.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Elicits, analyzes and validates project requirements that result in new applications or enhancements to existing applications, systems and/or business process design.
- Understands business issues and needs that translate into requirements to create the overall solution.
- Manage the end-to-end requirements process using tools to define the set of processes and approach for each project, as well as issue resolution.
- Conduct peer reviews and assist clients in assessing the impact and opportunity of new technologies to enable new capabilities.
- Support cost/benefit estimates and create VPMO requests when additional capacity or hardware is needed.
- Prepare requirements packages, prepare user stories, participate in grooming sessions, manage requirements traceability changes, artifacts, as well as develop reference and resource materials.
- Review final technical design/solutions and may coordinate User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Participate across the project lifecycle team to ensure requirements have been met to stakeholder specifications.
- Must have expertise in requirements management (Agile and Waterfall), SDLC, business process, applications and systems, negotiation skills, and RFP development and technical evaluation.
- Experience configuring and supporting Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) – Workday administration experience preferred.
- Experience testing software.
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Compensation background
- Calculated fields and custom report development experience preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work closely with others
Our Professional Technology Business Analysts earn between $85,700 - $154,200. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Job ID 2314113-1 Date posted 05/05/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.