Security Control Assessor (Government)
Pursue a career and your calling.
"The similarities between military and AT&T culture are centered around morals..."Chris S. — EVP, Technology Operations
"There are a lot of veterans here and it is a very supportive and positive environment just like the military. There is also a strong emphasis on ethics here similar to the military."
Help give our nation powerful possibilities.
What you can do in Government Solutions
Find out how you can keep our nation safe.
See how AT&T is connecting the United States government.
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the . We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our Cyber Security Team supports the customer by investigating, analyzing, and mitigating cybersecurity incidents that attempt to breach the Customer’s network infrastructure, applications, and operating systems.
AT&T has an opening for SCA 3 to support the HIDALGO PROGRAM in providing compliance engineering support at the enterprise level.
- ISSOs shall provide comprehensive information system security support to NRO Directorates and Offices.
- An ISSO is responsible to the Information System Security Manager (JSSM) for providing the day-to-day system security operations by ensuring that operational security is maintained for an information system (IS).
- ISSOs are also responsible for maintaining effective communications with the ISSM. PSO.
- Information System Owner, Authorizing Official (AU) or Delegated Authorizing Official (DAO), Information System Security Engineer (ISSE), and the Security Control Assessor (SCA).
- ISSOs must have a working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures.
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or higher and 5 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to master’s and 3 years, bachelor’s and 3 years, Associates and 7 years or HS and 7 years. Must meet minimum requirements for DoD 8570 IAM Level 2 certification requirements.
- Practical experience performing information systems assessment and authorization (A&A) as defined in applicable ICDs and guidance.
- Practical experience performing the processes involved in developing and implementing security related directives and guidance for Information Assurance, Information Technology, and Information Management.
- Practical experience utilizing risk management strategies for information technology solutions.
- Technical understanding of emerging technologies and their implementation within Government system and network environments.
- Knowledge of information technology concepts used in the evaluation of security performance and integrity of state-of-the-art applications, communications systems, hardware, software, satellite control systems, and information processing systems.
- Technical understanding of information technology systems, software, and networks.
- Ability to effectively coordinate A&A activities of industry and Government information systems to meet acquisition milestone requirements; and
- Effective technical report and general correspondence writing ability.
- Ability to manage and track systems or programs involved in the A&A process.
- Experience developing and implementing security related directives and guidance for Information Assurance, Information Technology, and Information Management; and
- Experience working with a mixed skill level team to ensure that appropriate knowledge and skill transfer occurs.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Our Security Control Assessorearn between $130,000 -150,000 yearly. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Job ID 2145858 Date posted 01/31/2022
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
The Hiring Process
Complete a quick application online and check your status often.
Virtual or in-person
Dress professionally and ensure good WiFi interviewing virtually.
After a background check, you're part of the team.
and Training Begins
Our training and certification programs set you up for success.
Do the right thing, no compromise.
Innovate and get there first.
In everything, every time.
Make a Difference
Impact your world.
Stand for Equality
Speak with your actions.
When customers & colleagues need you most.