WDC Operations Coordinator
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
We are the largest nonprofit fighting poverty, disease, and inequity around the world. Founded on a simple premise: people everywhere, regardless of identity or circumstances, should have the chance to live healthy, productive lives. We believe our employees should reflect the rich diversity of the global populations we aim to serve. We provide an exceptional benefits package to employees and their families which include comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with no premiums, generous paid time off, paid family leave, foundation-paid retirement contribution, regional holidays, and opportunities to engage in several employee communities. As a workplace, we’re committed to creating an environment for you to thrive both personally and professionally.
The TeamThe WDC Office is the foundation’s second largest office outside of Seattle headquarters. WDC staff work on a range of programmatic and operational issues across every foundation division. The WDC Operations team ensures the smooth functioning and operational excellence of the WDC Office and the WDC Conference Center. The team also hosts activities to create a sense of connection and community for WDC staff.
This role reports to the Manager, Operations, WDC Office. In this role, you will facilitate and coordinate a range of activities and projects in support of the WDC Office and WDC Conference Center. You are an excellent collaborator with the ability to develop strong internal and external relationships. You will build and maintain information, systems, and processes to support the work of the WDC Operations team.
What You’ll Do
- Provide seamless coordination, planning, and preparation for multiple operations projects and office-wide events, including but not limited to space planning, holiday party, summer picnic, foundation week activities, etc.
- Support day-to-day operations of WDC Office and WDC Conference Center.
- Serve as backstop for the Manager, Operations on the Local Incident Response team.
- Coordinate with building management on operational issues.
- Support WDC Operations team rhythm through cross-team coordination and knowledge management.
- Provide portfolio support for operational contracts and vendor management.
- Work with Manager, Operations to support day-to-day problem solving.
- Work with Manager, Operations to manage information flow and reconcile requests for WDC staff time, including but not limited to Learning and Development, Foundation Cares, Alumni Network, Employee Resource Groups, Information Technology, Human Resources, and Travel.
- Represent WDC Operations during office-wide activity planning to ensure operations alignment.
- Serve as central repository of information regarding events and activities in WDC Office.
- Liaise with WDC staff through foundation-sponsored activities.
- Contribute to the development and evolution of the WDC Operations team and WDC Office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or other advanced degree with 3+ years of experience, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with event planning and logistics.
- Cross-team coordination and knowledge management.
- Developing systems and processes to improve efficiency.
- Ability to collaborate effectively while keeping tasks or projects on time and on budget.
- Excellent skills in the in the areas of judgment, organizational skills, diplomacy, discretion and written and oral communication.
- Strong communication with internal staff and grantees/vendors; triage, manage and prioritize tasks related to external and internal inquiries for programmatic and non-programmatic information.
- Make sound and timely decisions based on established project timelines.
Must be able to legally work in the country where this position is located without visa sponsorship.
The typical hourly range for this role is $27.74 to $51.54 USD. The exact offer will be determined by a variety of factors such as the candidate’s individual skills, qualifications, and experience relative to the requirements of the role.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
If you require assistance due to a disability in the application or recruitment process, please submit a request here.
We are dedicated to the belief that all lives have equal value. We strive for a global and cultural workplace that supports ever greater diversity, equity, and inclusion — of voices, ideas, and approaches — and we support this diversity through all our employment practices.
All applicants and employees who are drawn to serve our mission will enjoy equality of opportunity and fair treatment without regard to race, color, age, religion, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and prior protected activity.