Procurement Operations Senior Analyst
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
We are the largest nonprofit fighting poverty, disease, and inequity around the world. Founded on a simple premise: people everywhere, regardless of identity or circumstances, should have the chance to live healthy, productive lives. We believe our employees should reflect the rich diversity of the global populations we aim to serve. We provide an exceptional benefits package to employees and their families which include comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with no premiums, generous paid time off, paid family leave, foundation-paid retirement contribution, regional holidays, and opportunities to engage in several employee communities. As a workplace, we’re committed to creating an environment for you to thrive both personally and professionally.
The TeamThe vision of Global Financial & Accounting Services (GFAS) is to provide innovative and scalable global business solutions in accounting, tax, payroll, treasury, procurement and financial operations while safeguarding the reputation of the foundation and our related entities, with the highest standards of integrity and operational excellence.
GFAS is a division within the Finance organization at the foundation and an important part of the operations function. Operations supports and enables the six program teams to make investments and to run effectively and efficiently. As a function, Finance employs approximately 100 FTEs. The GFAS division is significant (40+ FTE’s), and responsible for financial reporting processes, technical and advisory services, internal controls, vendor due diligence and the accounting functions at the foundation.
As a new integral function of GFAS, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement (SS&P) is building up a team that partners with business to procure competitive vendors, drive negotiations and align with internal contracting requirements. SS&P is both a practice and function.
- As a practice, SS&P is the evaluation and selection of vendors based on qualitative and measurable success metrics, rather than the simple cost of the product or service. SS&P connects spend analysis, data-driven vendor selection with diversity in mind, and ongoing engagement with vendors to increase purchasing power to deliver value and mitigate risk.
- As a function, SS&P is a new business-enabling team who partners with Contract Services, Finance, Information Security, HR, Legal, Accounting and others to ensure our vendor procurement process is transparent, balances risk, and gives time back to business partners to focus on their impactful work in the foundation.
Reporting to the Operations Lead of SS&P, the Procurement Operations Analyst will join a team whose primary responsibilities include strategic sourcing, vendor management, and managing all procurement processes across all Operational Divisions. This Analyst will support all procurement activities, including performance & metrics reporting, in the new Coupa procurement platform, and collaborate with due diligence partners to manage vendor onboarding process to ensure compliance and efficiency.
What You’ll Do
- Support across Operation functions (i.e., Finance, HR, IT etc), regional offices and affiliates in a variety of purchasing functions in compliance with the foundation Global Procurement guidelines.
- Assist purchase requestors across the foundation in understanding the procurement process and navigating the Coupa procurement system.
- Support transactions from Request intake to Purchase Order approval to ensure accuracy, quality assurance, purchasing spend approvals and timeliness to compliance of guidelines.
- Manage new vendor onboarding effectively by partnering with Sourcing team and collaborate with other partners: AP (bank routing, TIN check), Legal (Conflict of Interest and OFAC), GCS (Contract compliance check) to ensure timely & compliant vendor onboarding process.
- Support “fast-buy” workflow for low-risk purchases (i.e. memberships), non-RFP renewal deals (low-dollar), catalog or PunchOut transactions to ensure effective turnaround time is maintained and internal customers and vendors have excellent procurement experience.
- Provide regular reporting metrics and monitor various input/output activities (i.e., after the fact POs, number of POs crafted, number of invoices without POs, etc.)
- Help drive the continuous improvement of the procurement function; design controls, training, support audits, new hire training and supervise our procurement requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and minimum 5 years of combined procurement experience
- Solid understanding of systems ideally Coupa, Dunn & Bradstreet, DocuSign, Concur, Dynamics etc.
- Demonstrable experience managing ‘Fast Buy’ channels and preferred vendor programs and vendor PunchOuts, for expediting purchasing for low-risk commodities and vendors.
- Thrive in working in a fast paced, environment and you are analytical, and data focused, you thrive on providing actionable insights via dashboard automation.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment while multi-tasking to meet multiple deadlines.
- Must exhibit strong service excellence, detail oriented and excel in problem solving.
- Must possess good judgment and meet ethical obligations to perform purchasing duties on behalf of the foundation.
Must be able to legally work in the country where this position is located without visa sponsorship.
The typical salary range for this role is $73,400 to $136,500 USD. The exact offer will be determined by a variety of factors such as the candidate’s individual skills, qualifications, and experience relative to the requirements of the role.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
If you require assistance due to a disability in the application or recruitment process, please submit a request here.
We are dedicated to the belief that all lives have equal value. We strive for a global and cultural workplace that supports ever greater diversity, equity, and inclusion — of voices, ideas, and approaches — and we support this diversity through all our employment practices.
All applicants and employees who are drawn to serve our mission will enjoy equality of opportunity and fair treatment without regard to race, color, age, religion, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and prior protected activity.