Principal IT Technical Program Manager, Business Systems
Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
We’re on an ambitious mission to solve some of society’s toughest challenges — from eradicating disease to improving education and addressing the needs of our local communities. Join us to build a better future for everyone!
As a company we are focused on leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges. In order to support our organization’s focus on the mission, we have a similar mission within our People and Finance Systems team to leverage technology to automate manual processes, constantly innovate to optimize processes, provide first class support as well as build solutions to enable scale and execution of the strategies and initiatives of our business partners.
What You'll Do
- Business Systems team is seeking an experienced Technical Lead to optimize and scale integrations, application enhancements, and data analytics support. This role will oversee the technical design, configuration, enhancement, customization and maintenance of Workday modules, integrations between applications, development of reports, and analytic dashboards. The Business Systems Technical Lead will be the strategic partner to People, Finance, and Salesforce teams, playing an integral role in ensuring that business strategy fits into the organization's overall Infrastructure strategy.
- You will collaborate with business analysts, system administrators, and IT Technical Program Managers to design and implement custom solutions, integrations and reports within the Workday platform to meet the business requirements. You will identify opportunities for system optimization, automation, and process improvement leveraging best practices to enhance system functionality.
- You will manage the end to end development life cycle of technical integrations, custom reports, dashboards, customizations, and enhancements and create/maintain technical documentation, guidelines, development standards, and project plans.
- You will provide technical expertise and support to resolve complex issues, troubleshoot system errors, and address performance concerns within the Workday ecosystem.
What You'll Bring
- 12+ years of applications customization, development, and integration experience in a rapidly scaling organization
- 5+ demonstrated experience of Workday configuration, business process customization, report writing, and integrations using Workday tools. .
- Deep experience problem solving solutions for limited system functionality and working cross functionally
- Ability to distill and simplify complex requests into clear and actionable development projects, with a proven ability to navigate ambiguity and to persevere through project road-bumps
- Excellent communication skills; able to build working relationships with core and cross-functional teams, in particular communicating technical concepts between audiences of varying backgrounds
- Experience with progressive HRIS, Recruiting, Finance and Payroll systems experience in support, implementations and/or upgrades
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work with a diverse stakeholder team, with demonstrated ability to lead via influence, in cross-functional environments to successfully execute against a specific goal
- Organized, methodical and detail-oriented, with a passion for data analysis and problem-solving, leveraging organizational awareness to empower others to accomplish project objectives.
- Motivations align with our values of learning fast and building for the long term
- Comfortable taking on additional job responsibilities as needed, demonstrated willingness to get involved in the details to achieve the team's end goals
- Experience with Workday integration development and support
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to lead technical teams and collaborate effectively with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Workday certification(s) are preferred.
The Redwood City, CA base pay range for this role is $178,000.00 - $267,000.00. New hires are typically hired into the lower portion of the range, enabling employee growth in the range over time. Actual placement in range is based on job-related skills and experience, as evaluated throughout the interview process. Pay ranges outside Redwood City are adjusted based on cost of labor in each respective geographical market. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.
Onsite work mode is site-based in our office at our HQ in Redwood City, CA.
Flex work mode is open to a hybrid approach, but not open to be fully remote.
Remote work mode is eligible for all three modes (Remote, Flex, or Onsite) available to you at CZI.
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative was founded in 2015 to help solve some of society’s toughest challenges — from eradicating disease and improving education, to addressing the needs of our local communities. Our mission is to build a more inclusive, just, and healthy future for everyone.
CZI is committed to creating a more inclusive and diverse workplace. We welcome interest from individuals of all backgrounds and levels of experience who share our mission. If you’re interested in this role but your previous experience doesn’t perfectly align with each qualification in the job description, we still encourage you to apply as you may be the perfect fit for this or another role!