Account Director Sales, Enterprise (SG)
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 129 million registered learners as of June 30, 2023.
Coursera partners with over 300 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
As part of Coursera’s Enterprise team, you will play a key role in increasing global access to a world-class education. You will help build Coursera’s Enterprise business and partnerships and work across the organization (with business development, product, university partnerships, and legal) in service of Coursera’s growth and long-term success. This role will focus on building relationships and grow business in a set of named accounts.
You are a passionate, entrepreneurial sales professional and you will be responsible for closing deals in the Enterprise space.
- Meet and exceed all quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Effectively prospect, qualify, develop, and close upsell & cross-sell opportunities to grow Coursera’s share of wallet in a set of strategic enterprise accounts
- Develop shared vision for strategic partnerships with client leadership, and build robust account plans to effectively execute against respective account strategies.
- Navigate large organizations to identify/ surface critical business and talent challenges/ opportunities and demonstrate solution-fit through consultative sales approach
- Work closely with cross functional teams viz. Customer Success, Implementation & Skills transformation to ensure seamless customer experience
- Be the voice of Coursera’s enterprise customers, sharing customer-driven insights across Coursera, including product, engineering, business development, and legal
- 11+ years of enterprise sales experience
- Extensive enterprise sales experience at a SaaS company
- Experience of consistently exceeding quota of $1 Million and more, with proven success in accurately forecasting targets, and achieving sales commits
- Experience of managing large accounts in Asia and relationships with C-suite representatives and key decision makers
- Extensive enterprise sales experience at a SaaS company with proven track record selling enterprise solutions into large/complex accounts and over-achieving quarterly and annual sales targets
- Experience establishing senior level, long term client relationships to generate cross-sell and upsell opportunities with strategic accounts
- Ability to hold your own in meetings with C-suite and representatives from prospective partners and speak as a thought-leader and visionary in the learning space
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical and creative-problem solving abilities, excellent interpersonal skills, organizational, and operational skills
- Entrepreneurial drive and comfort working autonomously and as part of a team in ambiguous, quickly-changing environments and passion for education
- Outstanding ability to collaborate, understand, and empathize with others
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera: