Account Director Sales - Universities
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 129 million registered learners as of June 30, 2023.
Coursera partners with over 300 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
The Enterprise Account Director reports to the Regional Director of Enterprise Sales and is responsible for driving renewals and new revenue through targeted accounts. The ideal candidate should have experience in enterprise software and/or SaaS/PaaS sales. This role will drive renewals and revenue growth at installed accounts as well as drive new business for strategic new logos. The individual must be able to comfortably engage with academic leaders, regulators and multiple stakeholders in the university eco-system using all available mediums including phone, email, and social media. Specific experience selling into complex, global accounts is a must. The ideal person will be a self-starter, with strong attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Success requires a transparent and repeatable sales process and the ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally.
- Ensure renewals at installed accounts and drive growth within new and existing, assigned accounts
- Prospect and sell primarily to senior management (President, Promoter, Chancellor)
- Maintain the minimum weekly/daily metrics, build a robust sales pipeline, successfully manage leads generation to closure, and ensure quota is met consistently (both quarterly and annually).
- Produce accurate and timely forecasts
- Develop a complete understanding of all our product offerings, with emphasis on understanding L&D and functional buyers
- Understand the changing business and technology issues that our potential clients face.
- 8 + years in a similar role.
- Experience selling business services to academic leaders, regulators & professionals with proven experience building excellent client relationships, offering value-added, insightful and strategic insight into their business.
- Ability to work closely with Customer success teams to link and articulate business outcomes from learning.
- Strong understanding of Challenger selling methodology and ability to articulate “Why Buy” - “Why Now” - “Why Us” and drive expansion in install base accounts
- The ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced sales environment
- Effective presentation, organization, and time management skills.
- Extensive enterprise sales experience at a SaaS company
- Experience with University/ Government stakeholders & consistently exceeding quota of $1 Million and more, with proven success in accurately forecasting targets, and achieving sales commits
- Ability to hold your own in meetings with C-suite representatives from prospective partners and speak as a thought leader and visionary in the learning space
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical and creative problem solving abilities, excellent interpersonal skills, organizational, and operational skills
- Proven track record of prospecting and generating demand from install base through upsell and cross sell motions. Be a “farmer-hunter” and proven closer.
- Entrepreneurial drive and comfort working autonomously and as part of a team in ambiguous, quickly-changing environments