Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 129 million registered learners as of June 30, 2023.
Coursera partners with over 300 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 64 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. More than 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. 2,500 companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
As an engineer on the Enterprise Integrations team, you will be responsible for designing and developing integrations with leading Learning Experience Platforms (LXP), Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), and Learning Management Systems (LMS) to drive enterprise adoption of Coursera's learning products. You will have the opportunity to work on complex technical challenges, and influence the future roadmap, growth and success of Coursera's enterprise business. You will work closely with a cross functional team of product, design, QA, solution architects, and peers from data engineering, infrastructure and SRE. You must be comfortable working in a fast-moving team environment (we deploy many times a day!)
- Owning key business objectives and leading your team to deliver the required results
- Technical leadership: balancing effective product feature delivery against managing tech debt and creating a high-leverage product platform to accelerate and improve many different initiatives.
- Hiring: Building a vision of team skill sets, identifying key growth areas, managing the hiring pipeline.
- Mentoring: Acting as a role model, aiding in career development conversations, inspiring engineers, providing feedback.
- Product enablement: Acting as a curator of a vision, discussing needs with stakeholders, prioritizing, driving forward on key initiatives, running sprint planning meetings, and standups.
- Mediating: Investigating interpersonal issues, facilitating crucial conversations.
- Bachelors in computer science or relevant degree OR 5+ years of experience as an engineering IC
- Leadership (integrity, transparency, inspiration)
- Technical Excellence (technical rigor, data driven)
- Emotional intelligence (empathy, humility, patience, communication skills)
- Problem-solving (creativity, intelligence)
- Excellence in ambiguous and complex situations (clarity of vision, boldness, grit)
- Experience (5+ years in product development or a related field, 3+ years in a management position)
- Experience balancing effective product feature delivery against managing tech debt and creating a high-leverage product platform
- Experience managing a team owning product platforms or components of a product platform, especially if you had firsthand experience creating and formulating the charter and ownership boundaries for such a team.
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- Inclusive Leadership: The Power of Workplace Diversity
- Functional Programming in Scala Specialization