Data Science Domain Manager
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 129 million registered learners as of June 30, 2023.
Coursera partners with over 300 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
We are seeking a strategic, data-driven, and entrepreneurial content strategist to ensure that Coursera’s Data Science content catalog of Certificates, Degrees, and Courses meets the needs of our learners -- building skills to help them get top jobs and professional outcomes. This person should have extensive knowledge of the ecosystem of skills and technologies around Data Science. Broadly, this is defined as Data Analysis, Machine Learning (including Generative AI), and Probability/Statistics. In particular the ideal candidate will have extensive research and analysis skills, and will create a cohesive and data-driven content strategy with a bird’s eye view of on-platform demand, total addressable market, and Coursera’s differentiating characteristics. In addition to identifying the content that is needed to help build learners’ skills, this candidate will need to identify companies and universities to pursue to source this content.
While part of the role involves identifying these key areas of strategic investment, another meaty part of the job will involve consultation to our Partnerships teams as well as the companies and universities with which they partner. This consultation will be done in coordination with our Partnerships Managers, and will range in scope from helping to identify specific topics in Data Science, to reviewing proposed curricula, to creating multi-year content plans that cut across departments and content formats (e.g., Courses, Degrees).
You will also work cross-functionally with other teams that are helping to create and position content on the platform, such as our Services, Marketing, and Product teams. In short, you should have a deep knowledge of Data Science, must be very comfortable using data to make strategic recommendations, be a real team player, and also be passionate about education in data, machine learning, analytics and related fields
- Ensure the catalog (data analytics, machine learning including generative AI) meets the needs of Coursera’s learners. This involves identifying in-demand jobs and skills in the field, and influencing our Partnerships team to source content to meet those skills.
- Consult with companies and universities (via Partnerships Managers) on strategic content opportunities in Data Science
- Curate and analyze Data Science catalogs
- Use data and domain knowledge to ensure the overall health of the Data Science domain at Coursera
- Present internally and externally to knowledge area experts and people without a background in Data Science on your recommendations
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science/Analytics, Computer Science, Software Engineering or another related discipline
- 7+ years of experience with a breadth of topics related to Data analytics and machine learning
- Demonstrated history in data analysis or research using Excel and/or other tools
- Possesses strategic thinking skills
- Masters degree in Data, Computer Science, or other related fields preferred
- Experience with breaking down complex Data Science topics for beginner to advanced learners
- Experience analyzing and curating catalogs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills
- Experience with EdTech strategy a plus
- Experience and knowledge in the areas of artificial intelligence and machine learning (generative AI, prompt engineering, etc.) are a plus
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera: