Senior Product Manager, II - Payments
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 136 million registered learners as of September 30, 2023.
Coursera partners with over 300 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
We are looking for an experienced product leader to join the Payments product team at Coursera. Our mission is to scale the system to process 1B USD across all business segments globally.
As a Senior Product Manager for the Payments product team, you will play a crucial role in building a platform that enables learners to pay with 15+ local payment methods spanning across North America, Europe, Asia and Latin America. This role offers a unique opportunity to have a broad scope and make a significant impact through big innovative bets. Current and past projects include:
- Increase transaction success rate
- Decrease involuntary churn rate
- Increase revenue by adding popular local payment methods
- Keep the company compliant by automating processes on the revenue pipeline
- Create and evangelize the vision for the future of payments on Coursera and develop product strategies and roadmaps.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, data science, research, partnerships and more to define product requirements and ensure successful product launches.
- Define and track key payment success metrics. Monitor performance and identify areas for improvement to ensure the best experience.
- Drive experimentation and A/B testing to validate hypotheses, optimize features, and iterate on product improvements.
- Conduct user research and data analysis to gain deep insights into learner needs, behaviors, and preferences, and translate those insights into product requirements.
- Stay updated on the latest trends and developments in educational technology and online payments and leverage deep market knowledge to inform product decisions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to align product strategies with business objectives
- Be able to work closely with external partners, understand their needs, proactively problem solve specific issues or requirements and communicate the roadmap and solution proactively.
- 5+ years of product management experience in a consumer-facing digital product, with experience in handling payments
- Proven track record of successfully delivering complex and impactful product initiatives from ideation to launch
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative user research. Experience with A/B testing, SQL, and data analysis tools
- Demonstrated ability to influence and inspire cross-functional teams through communication and collaboration
- Strong commitment to Coursera's mission of transforming lives through learning
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or relevant field
- Solid understanding of the global payments ecosystem, especially local payment methods across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $142,000 and $232,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and location. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.