Senior Software Test Engineer
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 136 million registered learners as of September 30, 2023.
Coursera partners with over 300 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
As a Senior Software Test Engineer (Test Infrastructure and Tooling) at Coursera, you’ll play a key role in helping teams produce high-quality software for millions of learners across the world. Actively seeking out opportunities for test coverage, infrastructure, and framework improvements, you’ll be an enabling force; allowing developers to deliver value to our customers quickly and safely.
You’ll work closely with Infrastructure, and SRE teams to optimize build and test pipelines for speed, coverage, and reliability. Collaborating with Engineering leaders and fellow Test Engineers, you’ll help define effective test strategies and process improvements to help quality at Coursera scale.
- Build software and solutions that empower Engineering teams to solve problems and deliver high-quality software
- Research and identify solutions and lead large-scale test automation initiatives
- Monitor test environments and provide support when errors and incidents occur
- Contribute to e2e test strategy, analyze requirements, build test plans, and design test cases for new features, integrations (regression, performance, load)
- Lead quality initiatives of one or more teams to ensure higher bar of quality
- Actively seek out areas for improvement in our tech stack and find creative ways to break our product and systems
- Use quality metrics and performance metrics to drive change and improve quality
- 7+ years of testing experience, ideally testing web applications
- 7+ years working directly with product teams in an agile environment
- 6+ years of experience in UI and API automation
- 6+ years of experience working with CI/CD build pipeline with a focus on test automation (Github actions, Circleci, Kubernetes)
- Experience with development and maintenance of test automation tools using popular open source technologies(Puppeteer, Cypress, Playwright, Selenium)
- Previous startup experience and testing in an Agile development life cycle is a plus
- Experience with API testing frameworks (Postman, REST-assured, Pact)
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera: