Account Manager, Coursera for Government - Singapore
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 136 million registered learners as of September 30, 2023.
Coursera partners with over 300 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
As a critical member of our Governments team, you will be responsible for expanding and renewing accounts with some of the largest government organizations in the world. Drawing on your strategic thinking and communication abilities, and creative deal-making skills, you will be critical in shaping Coursera’s international government work, as well as more broadly impact the way that governments train their employees and citizens.
- Expand and renew national and regional strategic accounts in alignment with Coursera’s strategic priorities and mission
- Build strategic relationships across customers, deeply understanding their core functions and objectives and the metrics and strategy needed to drive change via online learning
- Produce accurate and timely forecasts, and develop an expansion pipeline in set accounts, successfully manage opportunities to closure, and ensure quota is met consistently (quarterly and annually)
- Use in-depth knowledge of industry trends and data-driven insights to consult and support prospective governments to upskill their workforces; this may include identifying opportunities for collaboration and improvement in customers’ training/L&D strategies
- Be the voice of Coursera’s public sector partners, sharing customer-driven insights across Coursera, including product, engineering, business development, and legal
- 4+ years public sector sales experience into the government, non-profit, foundation, consulting, digital transformation, international development or workforce development space.
- Experience selling solutions to high-ranking government officials and proven experience building excellent client relationships, offering value-added, insightful and strategic insight into their business. Experience selling into complex accounts is a must.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time to customer meetings, trade shows, and events as needed
- Record of achievement in tackling large, complex projects and managing senior-level external stakeholders strategically to achieve a goal
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical and creative-problem solving abilities, and excellent interpersonal, organizational, and operational skills
- Ability to listen well, hold your own in meetings with senior executive representatives from prospective partners, and speak as a thought-leader in this space
- Entrepreneurial drive and comfort working in ambiguous, quickly-changing environments
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera: