People Development Specialist
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 142 million registered learners as of December 31, 2023.
Coursera partners with over 325 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
We are seeking a highly dedicated and customer-centric People Development Specialist to join the People Development team. As a People Development Specialist, you will serve as a key team member administering and coordinating several people-focused efforts that are led out of the People Development team.. Our ideal candidate is one with at least 3-5 years of overall experience in HR Operation/Shared Services, with 2 years of relevant experience using tools such as Workday and providing reporting and analytical insights into employee data. The People team at Coursera is responsible for building our teams, retaining our amazing talent, and developing programs that create community and promote employee betterment. Currently, we are tackling projects aimed at helping Coursera to continue to scale as a top global company of high-performance teams. We are passionate about fulfilling our company’s mission to transform lives through learning.
As a People Development Specialist, you will be responsible for administering, managing, and coordinating key activities within the team to include: the scholarship program for Coursera employees, managing the logistics and coordination of the employee onboarding program, and providing reporting on the learning programs used by employees and compliance training. Additionally, you will be the key point of contact regarding access to learning programs and identifying other user issues to learning programs, with the ability to remediate those issues or escalating appropriately. You will have the ability to be innovative and stretch the boundaries, offering solutions for streamlining and improving processes.
If you're looking to contribute to a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a growing, global company, we encourage you to apply. Bring your enthusiasm, intelligence, and exceptional customer service skills to our team, and let's drive the employee experience to the next level together.
- Training & Reporting: Ensure employees have access to learning programs and provide regular reporting on employees’ interaction and completion of training across the organization
- Serve as key point of contact for user access and reporting for the Coursera employee learning platforms
- Provide regular reporting of learning programs and compliance trainings
- Remediate access issues to learning programs; remove learners from programs as required
- Onboarding: Supports the coordination and delivery of onboarding new employees
- Support: Partner with People Development team members (based in the US) for other activities that need additional support
- HR Operation/Shared Services Experience: Possess 3-5 years of experience in HR Shared services role, ideally in a fast-paced and global environment; working knowledge Workday HRIS tools.
- Displays the independence and acumen to be the go-to person for People Development support
- Strong ability to interpret, summarize, and make recommendations based on data but also interpreting trends along with your knowledge of the market
- Organized; Trustworthy & A strong communicator: You have top-notch organization skills and strong attention to detail to develop and execute plans. Your tremendous emotional intelligence, empathy and great judgment make you a trusted partner to cross-functional colleagues across the business. You are an exceptional communicator in both written and verbal interactions; clear, concise, and able to effectively distill the ‘so what’ for different audiences
- Analytical & Tech-savvy: Ability to analyze data to identify trends, patterns, and areas of opportunity within learning platforms. Additionally, the ability to quickly learn and efficiently navigate new systems and tools is required.
- Strong proficiency in Google Applications Suite, particularly Google Sheets and Microsoft suite, particularly Excel
Working hours expectations:
In this role, a flexible work schedule will be provided to effectively accommodate the varying needs of our global team. As the job requires partnering with team members in the US (Eastern and Central time zones) working hours will be adjusted to correspond with different time zones (AMER/APAC). Fixed hours will also be in place to ensure smooth operations during critical time periods. These fixed hours are defined but not limited to:
- AMER (5:00 hrs to 13:00 hrs) IST
- APAC (17:30 Hrs to 20:30 hrs) IST
Our commitment to providing work-life balance for all employees remains a top priority, and reasonable adjustments will be made whenever necessary to ensure this remains achievable. We strive to ensure efficient global operations while considering the personal and professional commitments of our valued employees.