Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 142 million registered learners as of December 31, 2023.
Coursera partners with over 325 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
The People team at Coursera is responsible for building our teams, retaining our amazing talent and developing programs that create community and promote employee betterment. Currently, we are tackling projects aimed at helping Coursera to continue to scale as a global company made up of high-performance teams. We are passionate about fulfilling our company’s mission to transform lives through learning.
As a Recruiter, you play a critical role in partnering across assigned business units to define our hiring needs and build innovative recruiting strategies to effectively attract and hire top talent.
In this role, you will source, attract and build relationships with individuals that reflect our global community of diverse learners. To be successful, you should be proactive and self-motivated and have a track record of juggling multiple reqs (roles) with a high volume of candidates. You should have an understanding and appreciation for cultural diversity, be comfortable closing talent and influencing leaders at any level together with a strong sense of urgency, and a passion for bringing education to the world!
- Effectively partner with your hiring managers & leadership team to understand their talent needs and build hiring strategies
- Build phenomenal pipelines of diverse talent with an emphasis on delivering extraordinary candidate experience
- Manage high volume searches whilst ensuring that you simultaneously meeting business deadlines
- Facilitate interview process, hiring decisions and offer negotiations
- Help ensure recruiting data integrity by utilizing our ATS (Greenhouse) in an optimal way
- Track and analyze metrics and reports on hiring progress to inform leadership on a regular cadence
- 5+ years of experience as a full life-cycle business/sales recruiting experience providing exceptional candidate experience (sourcing through to offer negotiations and closing candidates)
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems and sourcing tools, such as LinkedIn Recruiter, Boolean search, etc.
- Demonstrated business partnership skills, creating and fostering partnerships with internal leadership and executive teams
- Experience analyzing data, understanding trends, developing and articulating recommendations for action based on the data analysis
- Background using innovative research & sourcing methods to hire for niche areas, hard to fill roles and candidates with diverse skill sets
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Intermediate knowledge of Google Sheets or Excel (vlookup, pivot tables, functions)
- Previous project management experience
- Experience with Greenhouse would be advantageous
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making
- Communication in the 21st Century Workplace