Marketing Operations Manager
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 142 million registered learners as of December 31, 2023.
Coursera partners with over 325 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
The Email Marketing Manager will work on creating relevant and compelling email communications to our registered learners, with the goal of converting and retaining learners in our core business. This role will own the email lifecycle from beginning to end, including calendaring, scoping, creative briefs, production, campaign/automation setup, testing plans, QA, reporting, and analysis. In addition, they will work with their business partners and guide on best practices, overall strategy, testing plans, segmentation, and overall growth and optimization.
Reporting directly to Coursera’s Sr. Manager, Lifecycle & Email Marketing, this role will help to enrich the learner experience, and help further Coursera’s mission to improve lives through education. The right candidate is a blend of strategic thinker and executor—being able to think three steps ahead while still getting the day-to-day work done. They have experience in consumer marketing, email strategy and execution, strong project management and organizational skills, proven success working in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment, and wants to be part of an organization committed to a social mission.
- Drive strategy, execution and analysis of Coursera’s weekly consumer marketing emails and lifecycle journeys to drive activation, enrollment, and utilization
- Ensure flawless execution of multiple email campaigns throughout entire process: From planning, briefing, segmentation definition, testing plans, lite email coding, QA, campaign set up, to reporting
- Leverage data to provide actionable insights for future strategy
- Collaborate with business requesters to drive innovation, optimize emails, and advise on best practices and strategy
- Ideate, strategize and execute on testing ideas and new opportunities to improve process and/or metrics
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure priorities are clear and actioned on and optimal learner experience is achieved
- 3+ years of email marketing experience
- Demonstrated planning and executional skills - planning, writing briefs, segmentation, campaign setup, QA, testing, reporting. Experience managing and building lifecycle programs.
- Has worked with business partners to create email process or tool solutions for problems
- Demonstrated history managing multi-layered projects across various cross-functional teams, hitting milestones and achieving KPIs; experience managing multiple projects with flawless execution
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills; has leveraged data to drive decisions and turned results into actionable learnings
- Experience building email campaigns and journeys in Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Has managed email databases with audience size of 5M+
- Edtech industry experience coupled with demonstrated passion for education and higher-education marketing experience
- Ability to prioritize, work cooperatively and collaborate with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to code emails (HTML, CSS, and mobile responsive email design)
- Has managed global and/or localized emails
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between [Bottom of Zone 3] and [Top of Zone 1]. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and location. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.