Senior Change Management Practitioner
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 142 million registered learners as of December 31, 2023.
Coursera partners with over 325 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
Coursera is seeking a dynamic and highly experienced Change Management Senior Practitioner to lead and drive transformation initiatives across the company. As a key player on our People Team, this role is responsible to align and engage employees towards achieving exceptional performance, fostering company growth and supporting career and skill development. This role demands a seasoned professional capable of independently navigating a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will lead transformative initiatives, shape organizational design, and foster a culture of continuous improvement. The focus extends to developing robust career development systems and ensuring effective communication at all levels, particularly in influencing senior executives. This role reports directly to the Chief Learning Officer, VP of People Development and is an integral part of the Coursera People Team.
- Lead and execute strategic organizational transformation initiatives, driving culture change to align with Coursera's vision.
- Collaborate with senior executives to influence and shape organizational design, ensuring agility and adaptability.
- Develop and implement career development systems that foster employee growth and align with company objectives.
- Drive effective communication strategies, ensuring clear and impactful messaging throughout the organization.
- Independently manage complex projects, applying rigorous methodologies to achieve successful outcomes.
- Utilize strong influencing skills to engage and align senior executives with change initiatives.
- 7+ years of change management experience, with a focus on organizational transformation. Highly skilled in influencing senior executives to champion and support change initiatives.
- Proven track record in driving culture change and shaping organizational design in a fast-paced environment.
- Deep experience successfully implementing effective communication strategies in large organizations.
- Expertise in developing and implementing career development systems that drive employee success.
- Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to convey complex ideas persuasively.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, managing multiple projects with a high level of rigor.
- In-depth knowledge of industry best practices in change management and organizational development.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to measure and evaluate the success of change initiatives.
- Proactive problem-solving skills and adaptability to navigate challenges in a transformative environment.
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- Influencing: Storytelling, Change Management and Governance Specialization
- Agile Organization: Strategies for Business Resilience
- Leadership in Multinational, Cross-Cultural Teams
Coursera offers competitive pay and equitable compensation practices. Our job titles may span more than one career level. The targeted hiring base salary range for this role is between $126,650 and $181,700 . The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, including but not limited to: prior work experiences, training/education, transferable skills, business needs, and geographical location. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for variable pay, equity, and benefits.