Here at Ellucian, we are motivated by a mission ~ the power of education to transform lives and change the world. We are the global market leader in EdTech for Higher Education, serving more than 2,900 customers and reaching over 22 million students in 50+ countries. We are dedicated to helping Higher Ed thrive by transforming their institutions to agile, digitally connected campuses that enable student success.
About the Opportunity
About the Opportunity
We are currently looking for an instructional designer to design and develop instructional material for customer training courses that support company technical products. Demonstrates and utilizes effective needs analysis, course development, and evaluation skills. Can independently develop entry and advanced level courses for both technical and functional end users. Able to utilize
multimedia technology and authoring tools. Acts as liaison between R & D and I.D. in determining needs of the course and appropriate method of delivery.
Where you will make an impact
• Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and knowledge transfer.
• Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods to course development.
• Focus on learning in functional areas. Develop understanding of goals and objectives of role.
• Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc).
• Adhere to instructional design documentation and processes to ensure quality and consistency.
• Review learning resources and assessments to ensure proper alignment to the intended learning experience.
• Contribute to special projects
• Ability to summarize (in verbal and written form) technical information to a non-technical audience
• Proficiency with authoring tools such as Articulate 360, etc
What you will bring
• Strong interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
• Demonstrates critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Ability to perform comfortably in a deadline-oriented work environment and to execute projects simultaneously with a high degree of quality
• Attention to detail.
• A very strong focus on collaboration, cross-departmental teamwork, and technical proficiency is required
• 3+ years instructional design experience
• Experience creating a variety of training formats, such as on-demand, instructor-led andvirtual instructor-led.