Data Center Electrical Engineer, Google Data Centers
Please submit your resume in English - we can only consider applications submitted in this language.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Engineer, a technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 8 years of experience in fast-track mission critical facility design and construction
- Experience in design, construction, and commissioning of medium/low voltage electrical distribution systems, AC/DC systems, and associated power management/SCADA tools
- Experience with electrical safety procedures
- Professional Engineering license
- Experience in estimating, electrical design, operation and commissioning of substations, switchgear, ATP/ATS, emergency power systems control systems, power monitoring, and electrical protection
- Experience with SCCAF study development
- Experience with prefabrication/modular
- Knowledge of large-scale mission critical facilities and their electrical/mechanical infrastructure
About the job
Our thirst for technology is a part of everything we do. The Data Center Engineering team takes the physical design of our data centers into the future. Our lab mirrors a research and development department -- cutting-edge strategies are born, tested and tested again. Along with a team of great minds, you take on complex topics like how we use power or how to run state-of-the-art, environmentally-friendly facilities. You're a visionary who optimizes for efficiencies and never stops seeking improvements -- even small changes that can make a huge impact. You generate ideas, communicate recommendations to senior-level executives and drive implementation alongside facilities technicians.
With your technical expertise, you ensure compliance with codes and standards, develop infrastructure improvements and serve as an expert in your specialty (e.g., cooling, electrical).
In this role, you will be technically competent and focused on field level implementation and operational support of Google’s expanding data center portfolio. You will be responsible for on-site delivery and streamlining of construction and operational processes to bring our capacity to market safely, quickly, and with high quality.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Participation in project specific design review process at 30%, 60%, and 95% releases with focus on constructability, Google standards, and value engineering.
- Support construction teams and contractors in execution of on-site work with a focus on quality, speed, commissioning, issue mitigation, and adherence to Google standards.
- Support Data Center Operations as the primary internal customer throughout construction and post-occupancy as the system subject matter expert.
- Develop a detailed understanding of trade contractor project delivery strategies, planning, zoning, work sequences/packaging, etc. to optimize and align to program requirements.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.