Technical Program Manager III, Google Cloud, Machine Learning
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Kirkland, WA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in program management.
- Experience working with data structures or machine learning algorithms.
- Master’s degree, PhD, or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science, or other technical related field.
- 5 years of experience managing cross-functional and/or cross-team projects.
- 3 years of experience with machine learning algorithms and tools (e.g. TensorFlow), artificial intelligence, or deep learning.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you'll manage projects of various size and scope, identifying future opportunities, improving processes and driving the technical directions of your programs.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $139,000-$208,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Provide software development and project management, coordination, and inter/intra team communications to deliver outstanding program outcomes.
- Work closely with Software Engineers, QA, Product Managers and other engineering teams to get high-quality products and features through the software project lifecycle (build, test and release on time).
- Manage project schedules, identify possible issues and clearly communicate them to project stakeholders.
- Lead several technical programs for Google Cloud, setting priorities for products and engineering, leading teams to take products to market, assuring success metrics are informing future efforts, and quickly fine tuning the program as needed.
- Exercise knowledge of data structures or algorithms that improve software performance over time. Build, maintain and enhance business, operational, and management dashboards
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.