Security Engineer, Product Task Force, Security Surveillance
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in threat intelligence, reverse engineering, or related role.
- Experience analyzing the security of systems (e.g., pen testing, web application security testing, vulnerability scanning, etc.).
- 3 years of experience responding to security problems in target-rich environments looking at security alerts, front-line analysis, and response.
- Experience leading the analysis of large data sets and intrusion detection systems.
- Experience with signals development, threat hunting, and threat modeling.
About the job
Our Security team works to create and maintain the safest operating environment for Google's users and developers. Security Engineers work with network equipment and actively monitor our systems for attacks and intrusions. In this role, you will also work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix security flaws and vulnerabilities.
The Detection team develops and maintains the signals, tools, and infrastructure that we use, constantly evolving them to match sophisticated attackers. In this role, you will be building advanced and novel detection mechanisms for attacker techniques, tactics and procedures, developing systems to automate remediation, conducting threat hunting, and performing network and systems forensics, as well as malware and indicator analysis. We are responsible for managing all malicious activity on Google's networks and performing deep analysis of threats on our corporate, production, and acquisition environments.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $157,000-$235,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Participate in global operation that looks after and responds to security events on Google's networks.
- Perform investigations on a wide variety of events from various sources to determine whether they pose a threat to Google.
- Participate in large-scale security incidents.
- Work with teams from around Google to discover new detection capabilities and logging sources.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.