Global Supply Manager, Memory
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Business, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in industrial commodity management or supply chain management.
- Experience with semiconductor manufacturing technology, the supply base for dynamic random-access memory (DRAM) and NAND, or DRAM and flash technologies.
- 10 years of experience with commodity management or supply chain management in the data center, energy, or construction industry.
About the job
Commodity Managers work with Engineering teams to make sure Google has the supplies and equipment to put into production the innovative products coming from our Engineering teams. As a Commodity Manager, you use your wide industry knowledge and strategic supplier relationships to optimize our total cost of ownership for our global -- and growing -- infrastructure. The scale at which Google operates means that savings on just one piece of hardware can have a huge impact on Google's bottom line.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Develop commodity strategies and execute on them.
- Lead cross-functional teams through the supplier selection process for new platforms and components.
- Conduct business facilitations and secure comprehensive agreements with suppliers.
- Maintain industry expertise and supplier market conditions.
- Manage supplier performance in cost, quality, delivery, and technology alignment. Propose and implement supply chain improvements.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.