Program Manager, Compute Network Capacity Delivery
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Atlanta, GA, USA; Reston, VA, USA; Thornton, CO, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience with Global Data Center design, construction, and deployment practices.
- 3 years of experience in a customer-facing role, communicating with executive stakeholders and driving programs.
- 2 years of experience in program or project management.
- 2 years of experience managing cross-functional or cross-team projects.
- Co-location and Large Scale Data Center operational experience.
- Foundational knowledge in data networking architectures and physical network components.
- Familiarity with supply chain and logistics concepts.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
As a Program Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing major deployment programs while working with partner groups to create and achieve strategic business goals. Your objective will be to organize the overall team, establish clear roles and responsibilities, and global management of capacity deliverables, plan of records, and schedules across the global network delivery organization to meet Google’s needs.
In this role, you will bring together all the elements necessary to put a project plan together, manage objectives, and influence without authority all while maintaining schedule velocity. Both project and technical leadership is woven into every facet of this role.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $114,000-$167,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Perform global management of capacity deliverables, plan of records, and schedules across Global Network Delivery Team.
- Understand partner team dependencies, constraints, designs, and forecasting mechanisms that impact the business by engaging early and often, collaborating on process improvements and communicating.
- Work with partner teams to ensure project priorities are aligned, resources are secured, and logistics is on point with material storage and delivery.
- Participate and contribute to business reviews providing global deployment and capacity updates.
- Drive root cause corrective actions and make recommendations to the business to prevent known issues from recurring and constraining capacity.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.