Operations Program Manager, New Product Introduction
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations Research, Operations Engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in NPI operations management, supply chain management, manufacturing operations, or operations engineering.
- 5 years of experience in Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM) management.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Thai fluently.
- Master's degree or MBA in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations Research, Operations Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience with Original Equipment Manufacturers, Original Device Manufacturers, and third-party suppliers.
- Experience working with global, cross-functional, internal, and external teams in the consumer technology market.
- Knowledge of multiple aspects of hardware operations, typical hardware bill of materials, process documentation, and assembly and test processes.
- Excellent communication, quantitative reasoning, problem solving, creativity, and strategic skills.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
As a New Product Introduction (NPI) Operations Program Manager, you will be the operations leader helping to launch new products with emphasis on development activities and ensure transition to production within quality, cost, and capacity parameters. You will be the primary manufacturing connection point to the development team and to other operation teams. You will lead a team of professionals to ensure products are designed and built per Google Nest’s quality standards.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Drive overall ramp readiness with engineering, operations, and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) teams.
- Lead the operations team in planning and executing development builds and new product ramps.
- Follow through all engineering development builds and influence product manufacturability, testability, and supply chain responsiveness.
- Manage all operations-related communications, escalate key issues, and present options for resolution to the cross-functional executive teams.
- Oversee and prioritize risk mitigation strategies (e.g., multi-source tech assessment, new tech application, cost variance, supply chain review, and input).
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.