Senior CAD and Methodology Engineer, CPU
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in developing design methodology or CAD flows in synthesis, PNR, or sign-off areas.
- Experience in writing production scripts for implementation and sign-off tools.
- Experience in evaluating multiple vendor solutions and driving tool decisions.
- Familiarity with high-performance, low-power physical design, and implementation techniques with industry standard synthesis, PnR, or Signoff tools.
- Proven track record of delivering metric driven PPA flow development and support.
- Fundamentals of computer architecture and exposure to cutting edge technology nodes across foundries.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
In this role, you will develop Design methodology and CAD flows for the next generation CPU. You will contribute to the implementation flows leveraging industry tools, collaborate with infrastructure, Physical design, technology, and EDA partners closely to implement the next generation processor flows to achieve PPA metrics.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $146,000-$220,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Develop industry leading high performance and low power complex design flows for advanced CPUs.
- Collaborate with the cross-functional teams to develop efficient flows, tools, and features.
- Perform technical evaluations of vendors, process nodes and IP, and provide recommendations.
- Create flow spec and documentation. Support and train execution teams based on developed tools and flows.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.