Vendor Operations Manager
- Master's degree in Business Administration or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience in technical services, specifically in service delivery.
- Certification in Google Cloud.
- Experience collaborating with executive stakeholders across a large, global organization, and executing complex strategic and operational initiatives.
- Experience with strategy and change management in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Experience with spreadsheet software and SQL.
- Ability to influence without direct authority, drive change at all levels within an organization, and build strong working relationships.
- Excellent operational, data-driven decision making, problem-solving, project management, and communication skills.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Oversee a large vendor network distributed across different suppliers and sites. Own and manage the relationships with the vendor service providers, partnering closely with suppliers and internal Google Cloud teams to ensure high-quality output and successful customer outcomes.
- Lead regular business reviews ensuring sites are meeting/exceeding targets.
- Identify operational gaps using a data-driven approach and develop innovative solutions to address these in collaboration with vendor sites and business stakeholders. Collaborate with cross-functional/cross-regional stakeholders to overcome operational challenges.
- Understand end-to-end processes impacting the operation (ie., contracting, finances, capacity, workflows, etc.) and support the relevant stakeholders driving these efforts.
- Act as the escalation point for internal and external escalations regarding performance and/or supplier relationships.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.