Lead Test Engineer, App Testing
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in coding (e.g., Python/Java), developing test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases, and debugging.
- 2 years of experience leading technical projects/teams, and serving as a subject matter expert in the test automation domain area.
- Experience building test automation solutions, internal frameworks, monitor systems, or improving testing effectiveness.
- Knowledge of system components, APIs, and protocols on mobile (e.g., display, camera, audio, and cellular).
- Knowledge of user experience features and standard infra/tools.
- Ability to lead testing activities and engagement with cross-functional teams to shape design and project direction.
About the job
At Google, our philosophy is build it, break it and then rebuild it better. That thinking is at the core of how we approach testing at Google. Unlike roles with similar names at the other companies, Test Engineers at Google aren't manual testers -- you write scripts to automate testing and create tools so developers can test their own code. As a Test Engineer, you navigate Google's massive codebase, identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems. You'll have a huge impact on the quality of Google's growing suite of products and services.
You use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote proper engineering practice, bug prevention strategies, testability, accessibility, privacy, and other advanced quality concepts across products.
As a Lead Test Engineer, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams in multiple global locations, and design and develop test infrastructures/tools, in-house integration testing, and carrier reports.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Contribute or lead efforts from planning, execution, and delivery of test strategy to solve complex product problems.
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems, and collaborate and influence others to improve the overall design.
- Design and develop mobile product oriented tools for product excellence.
- Lead a technical area.
- Understand and develop scalable and reliable automation leveraging innovative technologies, like Machine Learning (ML).
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.