Hardware Engineer, Google Nest
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Electronic, Computer Engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in embedded/mobile system design, hardware architecture, board design, board bring-up, new product introduction (NPI), and product shipment.
- Experience in architecture and schematic design of circuit boards (e.g., chipset, memory, communication interfaces, and power).
- Experience as a hardware technical lead for high-volume, consumer electronic devices.
- Experience in bringing multiple high-volume products to production.
- Experience in x86 or high-performance ARM SoC, battery powered devices, memories, power supply, display, camera, sensors, and analog design.
- Experience in high-speed design and standard radio frequency (RF)/Wi-Fi interfaces at chipset, baseband, and antenna integration levels.
- Knowledge of embedded environments and microprocessor/microcontroller design.
About the job
As a Hardware Engineer, you will require a combination of strong Electrical Engineering fundamentals and a passion for high-quality consumer computing products. Additionally, this role requires effective communication skills as the Electrical Engineering will partner with many cross-functional Engineering and Product teams.
The Google Nest team focuses on hardware, software and services offerings for the home, ranging from Nest thermostats to Nest smart displays. The Nest team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make users’ homes more helpful. Our mission is the helpful home: to create a home that cares for the people inside it and the world around it.
- Lead and mentor the Electrical Engineering team through all phases of product development such as detailed design of electrical architecture, schematics, layout, validation, discrete design for testing (DFT), and design for manufacturability (DFM).
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop hardware architecture and systems for products.
- Design, implement, debug, and characterize hardware systems geared for Nest product lines.
- Lead design concepts and features through exploration, prototyping, development, and production.
- Collaborate with partners and team members in software, product design/mechanical engineering, industrial design, technology, operations, product management, and user experience.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.