Technical Lead, Data Scientist, Ads Insights and Measurement
- Master's degree in Statistics, Bioinformatics, Economics, or a quantitative discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in data analysis or a related field as a Statistician, Data Scientist, Computational Biologist, or Bioinformatician.
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Python, MATLAB, pandas) and database languages.
- PhD degree in a quantitative discipline.
- 12 years of experience as a statistician, bioinformatician, or data scientist, including expertise with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods
- 5 years of experience in leadership, including people management.
- Experience with machine learning on large datasets.
- Understand potential outcomes framework and have familiarity with causal inference methods (e.g., split-testing, instrumental variables, difference-in-difference methods, fixed effects regression, panel data models, regression discontinuity, matching estimators). Knowledge of structural econometric methods.
- Ability to provide detailed technical guidance to a team, enabling them to execute effectively.
About the job
At Google, data drives all of our decision-making. Quantitative Analysts work all across the organization to help shape Google's business and technical strategies by processing, analyzing and interpreting huge data sets. Using analytical excellence and statistical methods, you mine through data to identify opportunities for Google and our clients to operate more efficiently, from enhancing advertising efficacy to network infrastructure optimization to studying user behavior. As an analyst, you do more than just crunch the numbers. You work with Engineers, Product Managers, Sales Associates and Marketing teams to adjust Google's practices according to your findings. Identifying the problem is only half the job; you also figure out the solution.
With your leadership and professional expertise, you manage a team of analysts, plan project goals and lead the overall strategy for your group. You are a recognized authority in your functional area and develop, organize and launch projects that span engineering and analysis.
As a Technical Lead, you will bring a strategic leadership lens to the role of data science in driving better advertising. You will work closely with Engineers, Product Managers, Sales Associates, and Marketing teams to adjust Google's strategies and practices according to findings. You will empower the team to develop, evaluate, and improve the entire range of Google's advertising products including Search, Display, Apps, TV, and YouTube.
- Manage a data science team. Provide technical guidance, prioritize, and decide directions for the team. Mentor and grow all members of the team.
- Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of leaders and teams, and work closely with Engineers and Product Managers to identify opportunities for design and to assess improvements for advertising measurement products.
- Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed. Conduct end-to-end analyses that include data gathering and requirements specification, exploratory data analysis (EDA), model development, and written and verbal delivery of results to business partners and executives.
- Make business recommendations (e.g., cost-benefit analysis, experimental design, use of privacy preserving methods such as differential privacy), with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders to drive business decisions and stakeholder thinking.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.