Audio Algorithm Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience programming in C, C++, MATLAB, or Python.
- Experience with HRTF measurement and analysis.
- Experience with Spatial Audio algorithms.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Experience with HRTF modeling and personalization or room simulation modeling and evaluation.
- Experience in audio, speech, and machine learning.
- Experience in DSP, and knowledge of embedded systems.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, verbal and written communication, and teamwork skills.
- Proficiency in C/C++ and Python.
About the job
The Pixel Audio Technology team is dedicated to delivering the best audio experiences on Pixel hardware. We work with a variety of teams within Google to bring the best technology to the user. Our mission is to make the users' world of audio more enriching, interactive, and helpful.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $141,000-$212,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Develop algorithms and signal processing techniques to create compelling user experiences on Google hardware.
- Collaborate with internal research teams on new user experiences and lead key research efforts within the audio team.
- Lead the objective and subjective evaluation of new audio experiences.
- Work with cross-functional teams to incorporate new technology into product roadmaps.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.