Market Intelligence Manager, Devices and Services
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; San Diego, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in operational and data analytics, such as data scientist, buy-side analyst, management consulting, or corporate strategy.
- 5 years of experience in leading and developing teams.
- MBA, Master's degree, or PhD in a Management, Technical or Engineering field.
- Experience in analyzing market size and trends in smartphone and other consumer electronics categories.
- Experience distilling complex market insights into actionable recommendations.
- Experience executing complex strategic, problem solving, and operational initiatives, with problem-solving skills combined with strong business acumen.
- Familiarity with databases, data ingestion, SQL scripts, and Tableau.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with executive-level stakeholders and highly technical management team.
About the job
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices and Services Product Area (DSPA) researches, designs, and develops new technologies, hardware, and services to make our users’ interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our team is making people's lives better through technology.
As Market Intelligence Lead of the Google Devices and Services (DSPA) Strategy team, you will lead the Market Intelligence team to synthesize vast amounts of external and internal data to develop insights to enable the business to make more informed decisions. You will manage and develop the Market Intelligence product category subject matter experts and data scientists. You will work closely with cross-functional team leads and represent Google with third-party data research companies.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $158,000-$242,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Organize the design and implement results. Proactively identify, define, and track metrics to ensure progress against business objectives.
- Identify areas of collaboration to deliver better business outcomes. Develop an in-depth understanding of Google’s products and business areas.
- Develop hypotheses against a complex opportunity area or problem statement, and test with quantitative and/or qualitative analysis.
- Influence relevant stakeholders and develop an understanding of their key priorities and needs. Develop international team skills.
- Identify areas of improvement to drive the business forward. Drive strategic assessments across a product and/or country, to address opportunity areas or problem statements.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?