Optical Transport Network Implementation Engineer, Global Network Infrastructure
Google will be prioritizing applicants who have a current right to work in Singapore, and do not require Google's sponsorship of a visa.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience troubleshooting of Dense Wavelength-Division Multiplexing (DWDM) systems, DWDM topology, and architecture.
- Experience in Optical or IP network operations.
- Knowledge of fiber types and their application, physical fiber characteristic, and standard testing tools (e.g., OSA,BERT, OTDR).
- Understanding of networking and fundamentals of network troubleshooting at Layer 1 and Layer 3.
- Understanding of network transport design, equipment, and infrastructure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About the job
Google is proud to boast a network that provides service to millions of Internet users around the world. The Network Engineering team is responsible for operating that network reliably and at scale. As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues. Google's complex network generates a constant stream of challenges which require you to continually be innovative with an evolving set of technologies. Keeping the network reliable ensures that our users stay connected with our suite of applications, products and services.
As an Optical Transport Network Implementation Engineer, you will be responsible for building, augmenting, and operating Google's network reliably and at scale. You will design, configure, and manage the installation of Google’s network including infrastructure, hardware setup, commissioning, troubleshooting, and decommissioning old gear as we're in a constant upgrade cycle.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Be responsible for building and operating Google's network reliably and at scale.
- Build metro optical networks.
- Design, plan, and install support for metro optical gear.
- Work with executive engineers to develop creative approaches for keeping operational costs low through tooling and process improvements.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?