Deal Pursuit Manager, Google Cloud
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Master's degree in Law, Finance, Business, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience leading and advising on enterprise contract agreements.
- Experience in people management.
- Experience in contract agreements for IT sector products and services, contract drafting, C-level stakeholder management, and working directly with customers.
- Experience supporting a quota carrying, enterprise selling organization in the cloud, software, or technology space.
- Experience developing complex agreement structures and communicating them clearly to influence internal and external stakeholders ranging from line level to executive leadership.
- Experience in project management and/or transactional problem-solving, with the ability to lead and handle multiple time-sensitive projects at one time.
- Demonstrated business acumen and knowledge about cloud contracting principles, with comfortability articulating cloud contracting norms to sales teams and customers.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Deal Pursuit Manager for Google Cloud, you'll manage a team of Commercial Managers/Deal Strategists and the relationships with regional leaders, as well as functional leadership of agreements from inception through closure as an individual contributor. At the high level, you'll provide escalation support, including approvals of delegated non-standard terms and agreement structures for any agreement that is happening within the applicable region. You will help foster consistency and adherence of processes both owned, enabled, or just used by the Deal Pursuit team. You'll ensure customers’ needs are addressed while minimizing Google risk and operational impact, and build and maintain relationships with Sales, internal cross-functional teams, and customers.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Provide strategic outcomes and direction in developing and managing a team. Provide input and quality assurance, and support direct reports’ development.
- Lead the internal processes and relationship management of stakeholders to obtain the needed approvals required for agreements. Serve as a trusted advisor and partner to the internal stakeholder groups.
- Build productive relationships and feedback loops with teams to accelerate agreements and drive continuous process improvement, attending forecast calls, staff meetings, and business reviews to keep apprised of priorities. Act as an escalation point for resolving in-scope issues within assigned allocation, and coach internal and external facilitation resources to drive territory success and career growth.
- Work collaboratively across the global organization to formulate and advance key initiatives which ultimately results in efficiently closing agreements, operational excellence, and change management.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?