Senior System Software Engineer, Google Cloud Platforms
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in system software development (e.g., embedded Linux, device drivers, firmware, etc.).
- Experience with server and x86 computer architecture, and coding in C/C++.
- Experience with open source development or Open Compute Projects (OCP), and Unix/Linux.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field.
- 10 years of experience with server system software development and testing with BIOS, UEFI, Linux Boot, coreboot, boot loader, or Linux kernel.
- Experience in high-performance computing, reliability engineering, software-defined systems, hardware acceleration, and disaggregated computing.
- Experience in Python/Go and scripting languages (e.g., shell).
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Develop technical and product roadmaps, and influence executive decisions.
- Lead the programs of system software development for next-generation server systems to adopt the latest technologies of performance, reliability, security, and cost-effectiveness.
- Lead the programs of system software development for system verification, automating diagnostics, system configuration management, and operation metrics collection.
- Mentor the team by modeling, providing feedback, and implementing practices to improve productivity.
- Contribute innovative ideas and skills to the team.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?