Customer Engineer, Application Modernization, Financial Services, Google Cloud
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: New York, NY, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Addison, TX, USA; Miami, FL, USA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in virtualization or cloud native architectures in a customer-facing or support role.
- Experience with legacy/modern application development, cloud service delivery and deployment, converged infrastructure, virtualization systems, containers, and associated technologies.
- Experience in performing technical presentations or public speaking.
- MBA or Master's degree.
- 5 years of experience in the financial services technology market as a sales or Go-to-Market leader.
- Experience in networking, virtualization, open protocols, application acceleration, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) and their application to PaaS and LaaS technologies, routing and firewalls, and logging and monitoring of hybrid-cloud workloads.
- Experience developing scalable architectures using API management, microservice frameworks, PaaS, container orchestration systems, or other applicable platforms (e.g., Knative) and VMware deployments.
- Experience with cloud native software development, methodologies, and tools within application development/deployment stages including cloud CI/CD (e.g., Jenkins, Spinnaker, Concourse).
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
In this role, you will engage with customers and partners to understand and assess customer requirements, prepare and present demonstrations of Google Cloud technologies, address and overcome technical objections that arise throughout the process.You will develop new relationships with business unit leaders to understand their unique company and industry issues to cultivate their perspective of the value of Google Cloud solutions.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $118,000-$177,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Work to identify and qualify business opportunities, understand key customer technical objections, and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Provide enterprise infrastructure/Cloud modernization expertise to support the technical relationship with Google customers including product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and partnering directly with product management to prioritize solutions impacting customer adoption to Google Cloud.
- Guide customers through assessments of their existing legacy application environments, provide recommendations on a prioritization roadmap for application modernization, and identify applications for migration to hybrid-cloud computing models.
- Structure and execute prototyping workshops to confirm proposed new architectures, develop best practices, and document key blocking requirements for prioritization with engineering.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other events as needed.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?