Senior PCB Design Engineer, Platforms
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in PCB/CAD design.
- Master's degree in Electronics, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience in state of the art PCB design tools and methodology.
- Experience in mechanical design, high-speed board design/layout.
- Knowledge of all phases of hardware development including schematic entry, manually generated constraints and/or understand the requirements of the constraints, and board layout.
- Knowledge of industry standard CAD tools (i.e., OrCAD, Concept, Allegro).
- Familiar with high-density Ball Grid Arrays (BGAs), blind, and buried vias.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
With your technical expertise, you lead projects in multiple areas of expertise (i.e., engineering domains or systems) within a data center facility, including construction and equipment installation/troubleshooting/debugging with vendors.
As a Senior PCB Design Engineer on the Platforms team, you will be working on developing fast-paced board programs. You will work with hardware, mechanical, and manufacturing engineers throughout the full product development life cycle, supporting PCB placement and routing design.
This role is an integral part of the Systems Hardware Development team, interfacing with external fabricators/vendors to apply state of the art industry standards, CAD/layout tools, and technologies.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $166,000-$254,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Create PCB outline and layer setup, component placement, and signal routing.
- Write and maintain scripts related to PCB design, Design for Manufacturing (DFM), and release (e.g., SKILL, Perl).
- Interface with board fabrication vendors to select and use correct impedance rules, DFM and DFT rulesets.
- Work with hardware engineers, PCB designers, and fabricators to develop and maintain actual products.
- Remain on top of PCB industry standards and technologies.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?