Field Sales Manager, Data Analytics, Google Cloud
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Toronto, ON, Canada; Vancouver, BC, Canada; Montreal, QC, Canada.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in a sales role in the enterprise software space.
- 3 years of experience developing, leading, and managing a team.
- 12 years of experience with field sales in the technology industry, promoting Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) or Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS).
- 5 years of experience managing and developing a team that carries and exceeds strategic business goals, supporting both business and career development.
- Experience promoting Google Cloud computing technologies to organizations across geographies.
- Product knowledge of market trends in Data Analytics in the Cloud with the ability to use key metrics to analyze, predict and react to business trends.
- Understanding how Google Cloud technologies work together to drive deeper technology adoption within the existing account base.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Field Sales Manager, you will lead a team responsible for growing our Data Analytics business by building and expanding relationships with new and existing customers. You will ensure the team has the necessary selling skills to effectively build relationships with Cloud Field Sales Representatives (FSRs), Customer Specialists, and new and existing customers. You will support your team and their relationships with external customer stakeholders, leading with empathy, while identifying innovative ways to multiply your impact and the impact of the team as a whole. You will have shared responsibility to uphold and grow an exceptional team culture. You will partner with internal Google Cloud Platform (GCP) sales teams to grow their data businesses and drive overall value for GCP.
- Lead and implement industry Go-to-Market propositions in a given business sector, pulling together marketing, demand management, solutions, and product and development teams to produce a focused proposition.
- Build and maintain relationships to influence long-term strategic direction, and act as a trusted advisor to the customer.
- Work with Google Account teams to develop and drive pipeline, and to provide guidance.
- Collaborate with sales, development, and marketing resources to provide input on current collateral materials and ideas on how to improve them to maximize Google Cloud Platform in a given team.
- Work with Google Cloud Platform Partners to develop campaigns.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?