Principal Security Consultant, Google Public Sector, Mandiant
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Reston, VA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Development, a related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in related security assessment.
- Experience with security testing, security event analysis, incident response, digital forensics, and network and endpoint architecture malware analysis.
- US Government Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmentalized Information security clearance with polygraph.
- Master's degree in related discipline.
- Experience with software development, system administration, system security engineering, JSIG, NIST 800-53, or ICD 503.
- Understanding of the use and integration of Mandiant tools (e.g., MSV, ASM) within customer environment.
- Ability to categorize and assess risk on complex systems and provide recommended architecture solutions to mitigate risk.
- Excellent research skills and a desire to learn new (emerging or existing but unfamiliar) technologies.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
About the job
As a Principal Security Consultant, you will help to ensure the long-term success of our clients by providing specialized security expertise. You will be responsible for partnering with Mandiant clients to evaluate, create, develop, and mature information security operations and programs by utilizing the latest industry standards and combining experience and knowledge gained from Mandiant Incident Response, Intelligence, and Managed Defense practices.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $143,000-$219,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Lead engagements that build and mature customer information security programs and incident response practices.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to customers and an advocate for our security solutions, providing support to C-level, security leaders, architects, and analysts to lead projects forward.
- Oversee and manage implementation improvements to Mandiant’s business processes, methodologies, and client communication methods.
- Use formal project management in planning, tracking, and reporting on project progress.
- Work with Security Sales and Google Cloud teams to identify and qualify business opportunities, understand customer technical and compliance objections, and develop actionable cloud security recommendations and assisting clients in implementation.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?