Engineering Manager, Google Nest
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in embedded development or launching consumer-facing hardware products leveraging Linux, Android, or other device platforms.
- 3 years of experience in people management.
- Experience in programming languages such as C, C++, or Java.
- Experience working with hardware designers/reading schematics.
- Experience in IoT and smart home platforms.
- Excellent technical documentation and communication skills.
About the job
Like Google's own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our exceptional software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way.
The Google Nest team focuses on hardware, software, and services for the home, ranging from Nest thermostats to Nest smart displays. The Google Nest team develops, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make users’ homes more helpful. Our mission is the helpful home: to create a home that cares for the people inside it and the world around it.
- Lead and mentor a team of Engineers to design, evaluate, build, and improve device software on a variety of platforms.
- Work with cross-functional and remote teams, engineering managers, and stakeholders to develop device software components, systems, and features.
- Communicate with System on a Chip (SoC) vendors and external partners to create and perform low-level system bringup, debug, and validate to achieve functional and performance goals.
- Work on end-to-end features that span across firmware, kernel driver, interface coding to upper application layer.
- Integrate different service and application, stabilize system features and deliver the Final System Image (FSI).
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?