Machine Learning Software Engineer, Speech Experiences, Silicon
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages (e.g., C++/Python) and data structures/algorithms.
- Experience working with hardware and ML accelerators (e.g. experience at a company that built ML chips).
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field, with an emphasis on performance evaluation or ML systems.
- Experience with machine learning algorithms and computer architecture.
- Experience with performance analysis and debugging.
- Experience with compiler flows and software involved in translating high level language (i.e. TensorFlow) to hardware instructions.
- Experience with on-device ML (e.g., an understanding of NLP, image and computer vision).
- Experience with mobile platforms (e.g., android or iOS).
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
We are the team that builds Google Tensor, Google’s custom System-on-Chip (SoC) that powers Pixel phones. Tensor makes transformative user experiences possible with the help of Machine Learning (ML) running on Tensor TPU. Our goal is to productize the latest ML innovations and research by delivering computing hardware and software.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
- Support customers with integrating Large Language Models (LLMs) and use case level Power and Performance Measurements.
- Drive use case level optimizations and write product or system development code. Work with application software teams to prototype and enable new use cases on Tensor SoCs.
- Analyze and optimize power and performance of on device machine learning use cases.
- Conduct design reviews with peers and stakeholders to decide amongst available technologies and review code developed by other developers and provide feedback to ensure best practices (e.g., style guidelines, checking code in, accuracy, testability, and efficiency).
- Contribute to educational content and adapt based on product/program updates and user feedback. Triage product or system issues and debug/track/resolve by analyzing the sources of issues.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?